We’re looking for a middle/senior-weight web developer to join our Central Cambridge team.
As key members of a fast-paced, top-5 rated UK digital agency, web developers at Onespacemedia implement and support industry-leading, responsive websites and web applications as part of the company’s high-quality digital product offering.
Working closely with the design team, our developers build websites and applications for clients across a number of market sectors. With assistance from the commercial and design teams, each developer takes responsibility for supporting and resolving a project’s technical issues through to successful deployment.
Developers work primarily in Python and Django on the back-end, and build high quality responsive front-end templates, delivering outstanding quality across mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
- Knowledge of Python and the Django web framework.
- Demonstrable experience building front end templates using HTML5/CSS3.
- Competence with Unix server environments and shell scripting.
- Experience with version control - Git or similar.
- Familiarity in interfacing with third-party API integrations.
- An awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and their resolution.
- Knowledge of responsive development best practices, preferably with some experience building a responsive interface.
- A technology generalist with a keen interest in the future of the Internet and its technical direction.
- Exposure to a front end web framework (Vue, React, Angular, etc).
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor (PostCSS, SCSS etc).
- PostgreSQL (or another SQL) database administration experience and understanding of relational database management.
- Excellent attention to detail and diligence during the development process.
- A natural problem solver with a positive attitude - with an appreciation for Onespacemedia’s commercial obligations and brand reputation.
- A professional commitment to quality and transparency.
- A good verbal and written communicator, preferably with experience dealing directly with clients.
- A team player who isn’t afraid to get involved in wider company discussions and support and mentor others if the opportunity arises.
- 2+ years commercial experience building web applications as a full-stack or back-end developer.
- Technical degree preferable (Comp Sci) but not compulsory.
Unit 9, 23-25 Gwydir St