New Product Innovation sits within New Product Development and is specifically responsible for identifying and launching new product innovations.
The Product Manager is responsible for the discovery, evaluation test & launch of new products that delight our customers and drive new revenue streams. This could be across a variety of different products including management of the end-to-end product lifecycle. We’re looking for someone to sit at the intersection of tech, UX, and the business to build compelling new products for our customers.
- Taking a lead on new product ideas and evaluations based on technical understanding, commercial awareness, and understanding of customer needs. Working with other departments to impact assess products including estimating costs, business cases and other impacts
- Testing new products with customers through running low-cost experiments, proof of concept tests and trials with customers and making recommendations based on those result
- Responsibility for product development where PoCs/Trials prove successful, launching new products to drive commercial value.
- Responsibility and ownership of product backlogs, roadmaps and business cases, collaborating with subject matter experts across the business.
Skills & experience:
- A keen interest in the digital landscape and developments in the market
- Ability to discover new product ideas based on user research and customer insight, commercial awareness and a disruptive thinking approach to established markets and sectors
- An eye for detail and good design, with an ability to help visualize ideas to quickly test and validate them, but also ensure industrialized products have best-in-class usability, accessibility, and customer appeal
- Comfortable with ambiguity and delivering under pressure in complex fast-paced environments.
- Ability to gather, analyze and use data to make good decisions, influence stakeholders and clearly articulate the progress and potential of new products
- A team player who is happy to work with other product managers within the team and other supporting functions, e.g. procurement, legal, IT, Marketing and Finance, to add value to the overall team product roadmap
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills – both written and verbal
- An organized individual, capable of managing multiple products or projects which cross different areas of the organization
Follow our website darwincav.com and submit your CV today via Contact us section.
Harwell Innovation and Science Campus