SHARE OUR PASSION FOR TECH AND MAKE AN IMPACT
Looking for a fulfilling tech career? Think Coderus. Part of the Innovation Martlesham high-tech cluster of companies, we offer a start up culture in which to really grow your career. As part of an enthusiastic team, you’ll be directly involved in the development of commercial software products for our clients, including a high-end international media company, and also our own innovative projects.
Coderus is an established, innovative software development and consultancy business primarily focusing on pioneering embedded development and mobile applications for consumers. Our rapid growth and diversification into new vertical markets mean that we need to find talented recruits with ideas and the ability to develop our increasing portfolio of software projects and applications.
You will be responsible for QA testing software projects as part of the overall QA team, reporting to the Test Lead. The role covers the design and execution of UI test cases with the support and consultation with the QA and development teams, as well as the execution of manual functional tests if required and reporting defects and preparing reports when necessary.
Familiarity with software development and management methodologies would be useful. You will be trained in the use of the software management systems used by Coderus and Agile development as required.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive, technology led team directly involved in the development of exciting commercial software projects for existing and new clients and our own internal projects.
Ideally a 2:2 classification or better in Computer Science or related computing degree subject. We will also consider candidates with a lesser qualification, some relevant experience, aptitude and enthusiasm. Relevant QA/test analyst qualifications are also advantageous (e.g. ISEB/ISTQB).
- A natural curiosity
- A good understanding of the software development process.
- A good understanding of the business process.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Good judgement and diagnostic skills.
- Good writing skills (for documenting, bug recording and final report preparation).
- The ability to work well in a team and as an individual.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Providing or supporting client issue resolution.
- Adhering to a project’s schedule.
- Ability and willingness to work unsupervised
- Have good communication skills, consultancy skills and an excellent grasp of the English language.
- Experience in object orientated programming languages.
- The ability to handle and configure client consumer devices, development boards and reference designs used for testing.
- Familiarity with designing and running automated tests.
- Evaluating and increasing a test program's effectiveness.
- An enthusiasm to learn new ways to develop test programs, develop new skills and knowledge.
- Working with clients to support diagnostic and issue resolution.
- Working knowledge of Ios and Android devices.
- Basic home network knowledge for both wired and wireless set ups.
- Good working knowledge of Mac OS X & Windows platforms
- Experience of using standard defect management tools (Jira, Quality Center etc)
- ISTQB foundation certificate in software testing.
Coderus is located within the Adastral Park campus, home to over 100 high-tech companies. Based east of Ipswich, Adastral Park offers excellent facilities (shops, a restaurant/deli, free car parking, gym on site, and various recreational facilities) and a green open environment in which to relax during lunch and break time. To learn more, visit the Innovation Martlesham website.
There are good road connections and regular buses between the campus and Ipswich and Woodbridge. There is also a regular shuttle bus between the campus and Ipswich railway station for staff and visitor use.
Both Ipswich and Woodbridge offer excellent and convenient. Ipswich Waterfront, which is also only a short distance away from Adastral Park, provides a wide variety of accommodation and entertainment. London is also within easy reach, with regular, direct connections to Liverpool Street station just over an hour away.
Remuneration, hours and benefits
The working week is 40 hours (Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm) with an attractive and negotiable starting salary, plus benefits depending on skills and ability is available.
Benefits include a wide variety of sport facilities, free gym membership, haircuts, daily fruit, both hot and
cold drinks, and many more. We also pay for our employees to attend seminars and workshops, to further their professional development.
The team holds monthly pizza and gaming nights, and everyone is invited to other social events e.g. bowling and go-karting.
Annual leave allowance is 28 days per annum including the bank holidays. An extra day’s holiday is given for each year of service up to a maximum of 5 years.
Want to know more about life at Coderus?
Visit the Lifestyle pages of the Coderus website, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter @coderus