Our Radio Firmware Team develops embedded software to optimise Wi-Fi radio performance. We act as a bridge between analogue and digital designers, and Wi-Fi firmware developers. We need an enthusiastic Firmware Engineer with experience in leading technical projects.
Samsung Cambridge contributes outstanding Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity to multiple chipsets for smartphones and tablets.
Our Radio Firmware Team develops embedded software to optimise Wi-Fi radio performance. We act as a bridge between analogue and digital designers, and Wi-Fi firmware developers.
We need an enthusiastic Firmware Engineer with experience in leading technical projects.
Your role will combine firmware development with tracking and managing our part of the wider effort. You will be working on multiple projects. The projects range in size. Ranging from, the implementation of a new feature, to the entire process of supporting a new chipset, right from initial design through to production.
You will need to own, coordinate, and manage our contribution into projects.
Working in a technical management position, most of your role will involve personal technical contribution. Plus, the key responsibility of being a point of contact for external teams. You will determine requirements and dependencies, estimate effort and timescales and manage tasks through to completion.
- Detailed technical contribution to radio firmware development tasks (requirements, design, code, bring up, test, documentation and support)
- Produce effective technical solutions to cope with demanding unexpected issues
- Take ownership of coordinating, tracking and managing the Radio Firmware Team’s deliverables into projects
- Assess risks and propose mitigation plans
- Actively contribute to improving the development processes
- Mentor, train and guide junior Engineers
Skills and experience you need:
- Degree (or equivalent qualification/experience) in maths/science/electronics
- Experience of implementing radio calibrations and optimisation
- C programming, particularly within a constrained embedded environment
- Experience leading software engineering projects
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities, willing to pursue investigations to conclusion
Skills and experience that would be helpful:
- Familiarity with wireless radio technologies and radio test equipment (spectrum analyser, radio communication test set etc.)
- Knowledge of radio systems and system integration (analogue, digital and firmware)
- Experience of Wi-Fi 802.11 or similar protocol
- Familiarity with tracking and revision control systems, especially JIRA and Git
- MATLAB and its use in a test environment
- Exposure to Verilog and analogue/digital simulations, Jenkins, Wireshark, ARM
Working with us
Joining our team, you'll receive a great benefits package.Benefits include:
- Annual bonus
- Continued training and development
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible benefits system
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell days
- Great discounts on Samsung products
- Free on-site gym and canteen
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage people to apply from all backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed.
Samsung Cambridge are following all government guidelines and many of our team still working from home. In the office we have many new safety precautions.
All of our interviews will be online. Your safety and our teams safety is our number one priority.
St Johns House