We are Samsung Cambridge.
We focus on the development of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chipsets. Our first-rate connectivity IP is in a wide range of devices from mobiles through to IOT and everything in between.
Are you looking for your first job in embedded software? We're looking for an enthusiastic Graduate Engineer to join our Wi-Fi team.
You'll ideally have a had a focus on embedded software as part of your degree and exposure to computer architecture is a plus.
We are part of a global company and our customers are worldwide. Occasionally, you may need to travel as part of your role. This could be to visit another office or to support customers on site.
Duties and responsibilities
As part of our Wi-Fi team you'll have a range of responsibilities, such as:
- Designing and documenting modules
- Developing firmware modules
- Testing firmware modules
- Maintenance of software
- Defect investigation
- Design of complex, efficient, firmware modules with support
Skills and qualifications you'll need:
- A degree in a relevant field
- Experience in embedded software in C
- Experience in programming in C
- Flexible, quick to learn and willing to take on responsibility
- A great team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
It would be really beneficial if you also had:
- Knowledge of scripting languages, including Python, POSIX shell or Perl
- Understanding of embedded debug techniques and tools
- Knowledge of embedded systems
- Knowledge of inter-processor communication techniques
- Knowledge of processor architectures and peripherals
- Experience in source versioning tools
Working with us
Joining out team, you'll receive a great compensation and benefits package, including:
- Continued support and learning throughout your career
- Private Medical, Travel and Life Insurance
- Flexible benefits such as Denplan or Gym Memberships
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell days
- Access to outstanding discounts on Samsung products
- Free on-site facilities including a canteen and gym
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage qualified people to apply from all different backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed.