We are Samsung Cambridge.
We focus on the development of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chipsets. Our first-rate connectivity IP is in a wide range of devices from mobiles through to IOT and everything in between.
Are you an enthusiastic embedded software engineer looking for your next role? We're looking for a new addition to our Wi-Fi Firmware team. You will cover the entire software life cycle; from requirements gathering, to system test and product support.
You'll be working on major firmware modules. You'll put in place designs and deliver within restricted time frames, of the fully tested module.
We are part of a global company and our customers are worldwide. Occasionally, you may need to travel as part of your role. This could be to visit another office or to support customers on site.
We program in “C” and our software runs in a resource constrained, embedded, real time environment.
We encourage you to be innovative and creative. We love to see people be imaginative in solving problems. What's important for us is that we have a constant focus on quality in what we create.
- Analyse the requirements of system and modules
- Document the requirements of system and modules
- Develop and test (unit, system and acceptance) firmware of major scale and complexity
- Maintenance of our software
- Defect investigation
- Contributing towards the improvement of team processes
Skills, experience and qualifications you'll need:
- A relevant degree in either maths, science, software or electronics
- If you don't have a degree, you'll have an equivalent qualification or experience
- An excellent understanding of ‘C’
- Use of 'C' in resource constrained real-time environments where MIPS and memory are carefully utilised
- Experience in development of embedded protocol software
- An understanding of embedded debug tools and techniques
- Experience supporting customers in a range of issues
- Development of complex software build systems
- Experience developing firmware to run directly on hardware
- Experience verifying and working with new hardware platforms
- Experience in bringing up early software, such as Linux kernel, and infrastructure required to support new designs
Skills and experience that would be useful:
Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl or Python
An understanding of processor architectures and peripherals
Working with us
Joining our team, you'll receive a great compensation and benefits package, including:
Continued support and learning throughout your career
Private Medical, Travel and Life Insurance
Flexible benefits such as Denplan or Gym Memberships
25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell days
Access to outstanding discounts on Samsung products
Free on-site facilities including a canteen and gym
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage qualified people to apply from all different backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed.