Are you an experienced DevOps Engineer looking for your next career move?
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our DevOps Apps team. You will work to maintain, develop and deploy systems and tools for Samsung both locally and worldwide to support software for our range of wireless solutions.
At Samsung Cambridge, we focus on the development of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chipsets. Our first-rate connectivity IP is in a wide range of devices from mobiles through to IOT and everything in between.
Your role involves helping to scope, develop and deploy tools through the entire software life cycle including design, implementation, test, debug and support.
The systems you'll use will include, version control systems, firmware build systems, release systems, issue tracking systems, database management.
Our customers are all over the globe and from time to time, you may need to travel to visit customers on site to provide hands-on debug and support of issues.
- Contribute towards time estimation, requirements capture and design documentation
- Develop and test software of within complex systems
- Track versioning of applications ensuring that the most appropriate version is in use and upgrading where needed
- Delivery of high quality software solutions
- Contribute towards the design, implementation and maintenance of build systems
- Contribute towards the design, implementation and maintenance of continuous integration systems
- Maintenance and support of the current systems and tools supported by DevOps
- Maintenance of software including defect investigation
- Design, implementation and maintenance of build systems
- Conduct reviews of peers work
- Create and maintain relevant documentation
- Develop tests and scripts to exercise solutions being implemented
Skills, experience and qualifications you'll need:
- Degree (or equivalent qualification/experience) in maths/science/software/electronics
- Understanding of a scripting language such as Python
- Understanding of software design techniques
- Understanding of debug techniques and tools
- Awareness of configuration management
- Effective team player
- Good communicator
- Excellent problem solving ability and tenacity in finding root cause for complex issues
Skills and experience that would be useful:
- Experience in development and maintenance of build systems
- Experience with Linux – RedHat, Ubuntu
- Knowledge of source control system such as git
- Knowledge of configuration management system such as Puppet
- Experience in Database management
Working with us
Joining our team, you'll receive a great compensation and benefits package, including:
- Continued support and learning throughout your career
- Private Medical, Travel and Life Insurance
- Flexible benefits such as Denplan or Gym Memberships
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell days
- Access to outstanding discounts on Samsung products
- Free on-site facilities including a canteen and gym
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage qualified people to apply from all different backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed.
We are still recruiting throughout the current extraordinary situation we find ourselves in today with the COVID-19 crisis.
Samsung Cambridge are following all government guidelines and our team are all working from home.
The entire recruitment process has been taken online so we will only be video interviewing until the social distancing guidelines have been lifted.