Cambridge Consultants is one of the world’s leading product design and development companies, with a reputation for business transformation and value creation for an international client base.
Our business in the Industrial & Energy markets is growing and we are seeking to complement our team with an experienced Account Executive to help identify new clients bring breakthrough products to market quickly in order to give them a competitive advantage in their industry sectors.
We’re interested in talking to candidates with a strong background in new business development and account management in one or more of the agriculture, automotive/mobility, energy and construction sectors, with experience in strategic innovation, design and transferring products to manufacturing.
The role requires leadership within a multidisciplinary environment and a close working relationship with other members of the team.
About the job
As a Senior Account Executive, you will take a leading role in our global activities in this market, be responsible for significant new business development, marketing strategy, client initiation and development, account management and contract negotiation.
Our work in this sector includes designing and developing:
- Industry deployable AI and machine vision technologies for image recognition, vehicle guidance and data analysis
- Transformative Robotics systems to provide significant productivity gains
- Connected digital systems which allow for novel means of conveying data in an energy efficient and cost-effective manner
- Strategic technology-based consulting on business-critical areas
Working alongside world class project managers and technical leads, you will take commercial responsibility for the delivery of the projects you sell to your accounts.
You will use your strong technical skills to help communicate what Cambridge Consultants can deliver to potential clients. Your technical skills will also help you to make a significant contribution to the overall direction of development projects, often working on more than one concurrently.
Whilst this position is based in Cambridge, UK, there will be international travel.
We would love to hear from you, especially if you have a combination of:
- A strong technical education including a good degree, together with experience in R&D, design or manufacturing.
- A track record of success in an account management, new business development, or strategic consulting role creating breakthrough products and bringing them to market.
- An aspiration to take this experience and apply it to a wider range of companies in the aforementioned sectors, creating breakthrough products and services with the support of an outstanding global technical team.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
- Competitive salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life, disability and travel insurance, plus private healthcare
- Free canteen - breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.