Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
The primary focus of the role is to support a subset of European legal entities within the Europe Satellite Accounting team to meet local and statutory compliance requirements in the region.:-
- Validate and sign off on month end accounts as prepared by Qualcomms Global Accounting Operations Centre (located in Hyderabad) in accordance with US GAAP
- Work with local service providers to generate local GAAP statutory accounts compliant with local reporting obligations including filing of local accounts and managing statutory audits
- Support local corporate tax compliance, accounting and reporting (includes corporation tax, VAT, accounting for payroll taxes, import/export compliance)
- Provide finance support to the entities officers and employees
Detailed Job Description
- Monthly Accounting Close Review and Sign-Off responsibilities for the Entities he/she is responsible for
- Local Statutory Accounts Ensure that local legal entity statutory accounts are prepared in accordance with local GAAP and that they are filed on time to the appropriate authorities If required under local laws, statutory audits are managed efficiently, a clean audit report is given by PWC, and that audited accounts are filed on time to the appropriate authorities. Detailed reconciliations between the US GAAP management accounts and the final local GAAP statutory accounts showing all reconciling items will need to be prepared, reviewed and maintained going forward. Close collaboration will be required between the Satellite accountant and our local in-country accounting service providers as well as with our PWC auditors (if an audit is required).
- Local Corporate Income Tax, Value Added Tax, Payroll & Income Tax, Import Export Compliance Ensure that all local VAT and Corporate Income Tax reporting, compliance, tax payments and tax return obligations are met on time and Manage any Corporation Tax or VAT enquiries or audits from local authorities in conjunction with Qualcomm taxation specialists and local tax advisors; Support of local Payroll / Income taxes compliance;
The successful candidate will be a highly organised individual, with the ability to manage his or her own workload in addition to indirectly managing Qualcomm resources in remote locations. The role will require extensive collaboration with external accounting service providers and auditors. The role would suit someone from industry who is looking for experience of working in an outsourced model, or someone trained in practice looking for a move into industry.
The candidate will also need to be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Skills, in particular medium level Excel skills
- Good track record of first time exam passes.
- Experience using Oracle or similar ERP system
- Experience working in an international technology business
- Language skills
*References to a number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfil the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant