Cosworth employs its motorsport-inspired engineering and manufacturing capabilities to improve vehicle and driver performance.
We will always strive to provide the optimum solution with quality and commitment as key to our success. We will always go the extra mile, and we will not rest until our customers are as passionate about our products and services as we are.
Cosworth employs its motorsport-inspired engineering and manufacturing capabilities to improve vehicle and driver performance. The group supplies electronics and powertrain products and engineering services to performance vehicle manufacturers, motorsport teams and performance enthusiasts around the world. Cosworth was founded in 1958. With headquarters in Northampton, UK, the group has a globally-recognised brand and employs staff across Europe and the USA.
Main purpose of position:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced engineer with a broad development skill set to join a small team of talented engineers. The Applications Engineer will provide first class control system and calibration assistance for our Pectel ECU range in professional motorsport, supporting our key customers and network of resellers. This would include trackside and dyno facility support in addition to office-based working. The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level with relevant ECU strategy design and calibration experience, ideally in a customer supporting role.
Having a strong technical ability, you will be establishing new, and maintaining long-term relationships with clients.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Support complex customer projects
- Compiling and maintaining product related documentation
- Support new products/implementations on site with customers
- Ability to offer a clear solution path for customers wanting to improve their vehicle/engine performance
- Responsible for key customer accounts relating to Pectel products
Skills and competencies
- Qualified to degree level in a related engineering discipline with a minimum of two years’ experience
- Excellent engine control strategy understanding and implementation ability with relevant experience of turbocharged and direct injection applications
- Experience of calibrating high performance internal combustion engines
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical/electronic systems relevant to the position
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate under pressure, often with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with the motorsport ECUs and data analysis software packages
- Experience in a customer support role
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Willingness to travel
- Appreciation of auto-coding and developing engine control strategies in Matlab/Simulink
- Proven track record in delivering high end motorsport products and features
- Experience of hybrid and/or electric vehicle control
- Knowledge of motorsport wiring loom design and manufacturer
- Understanding of vehicle communication methods such as RS232, CAN, LIN, Ethernet and EtherCAT
- Basic understanding of computer programming languages such as C# and Visual Basic