MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fables semiconductor company, leading the market in chipset technology. We are also one of the top four companies globally to advance 5G development, quickly bringing a complete, standards-based and optimized 5G solution to the market. At MediaTek Sweden, we develop a configurable programmable DSP processor platform optimized for signal processing in wireless modems. Our technology is used in MediaTek cellular modems for 3G and LTE, in chipsets that are produced in millions every month.
We are looking for a Senior ASIC Engineer with proven industry experience from high performance ASIC design.
In this collaborative role, you will work as part of a valued team of around six developers, with focus on HW design and RTL (Verilog) implementation of new features and modules, as well as making sure that the entire processor IP meets physical requirements on clock frequency, power and silicon area.
As MediaTek’s successful Senior ASIC Engineer you will participate in all stages from circuit design and RTL implementation, through to physical synthesis and timing/power analysis. You will also have the opportunity to work together with the backend/physical design team to ensure that the end product reaches the highest possible performance.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with advanced technology alongside highly skilled and motivated colleagues in a creative, international environment. At MediaTek, we embrace agile development giving you, as a hands-on engineer, many opportunities to influence both development methodology and the type of work you take on.
MediaTek looks for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users.
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education
- At least 5 years of industry experience from high performance digital ASIC development
- Digital ASIC design and implementation for high speed and low power
- Strong skills in RTL design, synthesis, timing analysis and ASIC design flow
- Excellent understanding of SoC system, integration and debug aspects
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Software development (Python, C/C++, Assembler)
- Computer architecture / DSP processors
- Signal processing / Telecommunications
- Agile development / Scrum/ test driven development
- Fluency in spoken and written Swedish would be desirable
- An innovative thinker with a passion and critical thinking mind for challenging technical problem solving
- Highly motivated and results driven to see projects through to completion
- A team player with the ability to work with others to complete challenging projects together as well as successfully working independently
- A good communicator who is able to communicate effectively using a range of tools (Email, IM, VC etc.) with people across different time zones and cultures
- Meticulous in ensuring work is completed to a high quality
- Using skilled judgement to make decisions
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
MediaTek and You
MediaTek looks for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users. From 4G and 5G smartphones, to tablets and digital television, MediaTek are changing the industry one innovative product after another.
We pride ourselves on having an accomplished and successful global collaborative team culture and a competitive compensation package. We know that each person makes important contributions, and that they are integral to our success.
With 150,000 inhabitants, Linköping is the fifth largest city in Sweden. It is located in the beautiful Östergötland region in the south east of Sweden, less than two hours from Stockholm. Our office is located in Mjärdevi Science Park, with a close connection to Linköping University, one of the top universities in Sweden.
Compensation & Benefits Package
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus schemes
- 30 days holiday
- Wellness Contribution
- Company pension scheme
- Life and work injury insurance plans
- Patent reward scheme
- Technical training opportunities
- Relocation and Sweden visa/work permit assistance, if applicable
High-speed train connections take you to Stockholm in 1 hour 40 minutes and to Copenhagen in 3 hours. The local airport offers direct flights to Copenhagen and Amsterdam.
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please apply via the MediaTek website, including a CV, your contact details and a brief cover letter describing why you feel you are suited to the role.
Mjärdevi Science Park