MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company, leading the market in chipset technology. We enable more than 2 billion consumer electronic products a year including Smart TVs, Voice Assistant Devices (VAD), Android tablets, feature phones, Optical and Blu-ray DVD players, and we’re number two globally in mobile phones.
MediaTek is also one of the top four companies globally to advance 5G development. Working together with component suppliers and worldwide cellular operators around RF technology, MediaTek is bringing a complete, standards-based and optimized 5G solution to the market.
We have critical automated test systems used by 100’s of engineers, which require constant evolution in terms of system functionality and system performance. The role entails to familiarize with our automation environments and become a key contributor to its evolution. You will be exposed to many tools and techniques used to manage an automation environment servicing a very dynamic software development environment.
There will be variety in the type of automation projects (small and big) which will demand a keen interest in troubleshooting, problem resolution and general support to keep healthy and efficient end-to-end automation processes.
The day to day job will require collaboration with many individuals of different skills, experience and cultural backgrounds. To fulfil our role will require good communication skills and cultural awareness and adaptability.
- You’ll have strong collaboration skills with a drive to interact and work with different actors (s/w development engineers, IT support, core tools development engineers, test engineers)
- You’ll have the ability to learn quickly, innovate and take responsibility for new and unfamiliar areas
- You’ll have a flexible working style and the ability to adapt
- You’ll have patience and stamina to work through difficult problems
- You’ll be able and willing to travel internationally (from time to time)
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong familiarity of both Windows (batch) and Linux (bash) command line operations
- Good fluency in Python scripting language with applied experience to create new tools/utilities
Strong troubleshooting skills with an innate interest in understanding root failure causes, ability to extract generic rules and provide solutions and ideas to improve automation systems
Past multiple and different experience of 5+ years in delivering continuous automation to different embedded system projects.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Administrator knowledge and experience of Jenkins continuous integration platform
- Familiarity with complex regression test systems for large scale projects
- High level programming languages like c# , java
- Familiarity with large build systems
- Perforce version control system
- Degree in Computer/Engineering Sciences (or equivalent)
This position is located in Cambourne (near Cambridge), UK and will form part of a multi-skilled, multi-site, international development team.
MediaTek and You
MediaTek look for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users. From 4G and 5G smartphones, to tablets and digital television, MediaTek employees are changing the industry one innovative product after another.