This part-time role is your chance to be part of the international and dynamic Business Marketing Team at u-blox. You’ll be supporting exciting PR and Content Marketing activities by developing engaging written content inspired by the trends of a technology in constant evolution. In this position you’ll also be working closely with a wide range of internal stakeholders responsible for various aspects of the business, and therefore helping the company meet its objectives.
The u-blox’s Business Marketing Team is primarily based in Thalwil, Switzerland, but the role can be also located in Berlin, Germany or in Cambourne, UK.
If you like innovation and dream of developing your career in a successful international tech company, then this job is for you!
Written content is developed based on an editorial calendar and includes liaising with internal and sometimes external experts. The content is aligned with the u-blox corporate strategy and the ongoing marketing campaigns, and then shared through various communication channels.
The types of content include:
- Press releases and related messaging (product launches and partnership stories)
- Engaging stories for the u-blox website (blogs, landing pages)
- Contributed articles for the trade electronic media as well as high-level insightful thought leadership pieces for dailies
- White papers
- General copyediting support (marketing campaigns, social media)
- Video scripts
- The u-blox magazine
Your Skills and Experience
- Min. 5 years’ experience in a content writing role (e.g., journalism or publishing house); please share writing samples
- Native English speaker, German proficiency a plus
- Engineering education or similar a plus
- Ability to adjust to various target audiences, where a different style is required, but would still be recognizable as u-blox: semi-technical content for the trade media (i.e., articles, white paper), high-level insightful thought leadership pieces for dailies, engaging corporate content (e.g., blogs, technology pages on the u-blox website), etc.
- Ability to proactively and often quickly create engaging stories that are inspired by important internal key topics, general industry trends or recent events in the news, without having to wait for guidelines from our internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with digital strategies (i.e., ensure the owned content is written to meet SEO conditions)
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Up to 40% remote work & flexible working hours
- Training and career growth opportunities
- Company Bonus and Stock Option Plan
- 28 days of vacation a year
u-blox Cambridge Ltd
Building 2020 Cambourne Business Park