We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced senior digital design engineer to join the Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre digital design group on a 2-year fixed term contract. You will be part of the team that develops Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communications technology for mobile devices.We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced senior digital design engineer to join the Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre digital design group on a 2-year fixed term contract. You will be part of the team that develops Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communications technology for mobile devices.
We are interested in people with expertise in digital design and implementation in a chip development environment. In addition to RTL design and verification, you would ideally have experience in multiple areas such as virtual prototyping, high level modelling or signal processing.
If you feel you have what’s needed to join our team designing the next generation of wireless technology, come and apply for the position.
- Responsible for the implementation and verification of modules in digital baseband.
- Analyse the performance of systems based on virtual prototypes.
- Architect and design efficient modules based on a formal specification or a high level language model.
- Document the designs for review, creating the necessary power and timing constraints
- Execute the design (or supervise the implementation by others), analyse the results (area, power and performance) to ensure they are as expected.
- Depending on experience, lead more junior engineers and work with managers to ensure timely delivery of the project.
Skills Knowledge and ExpertiseRequired:
- Expert in digital design and verification using Verilog and SystemVerilog.
- Competent in using ASIC and FPGA design tools for simulation, synthesis and verification.
- Proven ability to communicate technical subjects effectively.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related fields.
- Experience with modelling digital systems in MATLAB and Python.
- Experience with advanced verification using SystemVerilog.
- Experience with ASIC design methodologies.
- Experience with embedded software development in C and C++.
- Ability to port designs from ASIC to FPGA
- Understanding of telecommunications protocols and signal processing
BenefitsJoining our team, you'll receive a great benefits package.
- Annual bonus
- Continued training and development
- Private medical, travel and life insurance
- Flexible benefits
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell days
- Great discounts on Samsung products
- Free on-site gym and canteen
St Johns House