Focal Point Positioning is an exciting start-up, backed by some of the biggest names in the tech industry and we are on a journey to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing of smartphones and vehicles. We have created technologies that have rewritten the textbooks on how GPS works and are looking for talented scientists and engineers to join our team to help bring our products to the world.
Location: Offices in Cambridge/Bristol (remote/office-based)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Type: Permanent - Full-time
Job Reference: FPP/GNSS2
We are looking for a Senior GNSS Engineer who is passionate about technology and excited about the goals of our company. You will join our GNSS team and help lead the development of our proprietary S-GNSS technology, while working closely with our software engineers to build our products. The role offers significant scope for professional development spanning the research, product and software engineering disciplines and mentorship of junior staff.
- Provide technical leadership within a development team to integrate our proprietary GNSS technology into products
- Take a leading role in the design, prototyping, and testing of improvements to our S-GNSS technology using Matlab and C++
- Maintain and enhance the capabilities of our Matlab-based software-defined GNSS receiver
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers within the company
- You may be required on occasion to use a variety of programming tools and languages as appropriate: e.g. C++, Python, Matlab
- Relevant academic or industrial experience (e.g. developing GNSS algorithms in industry)
- Good knowledge of the GNSS signal-processing chain
- Strong programming experience in Matlab or C++
- Expertise in Kalman filters and other probabilistic estimation techniques
- Knowledge of multi-sensor fusion techniques, including tight and deep coupling for GNSS-INS
- Strong programming experience in Matlab and C++
- Experience with low-level embedded software development and testing (DSP).
- Experience in RTK and/or PPP and/or multi-constellation positioning
- Experience with multipath mitigation methods
Your Development and Perks
Your development is equally important as our business grows and we offer opportunities including appraisals, career development plans, training courses, feedback sessions through 1-2-1 meetings, knowledge-sharing and cross-training.
- Our generous benefits package includes the following:5% matched contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working (office and remote working to suit your needs)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Extra annual leave between Christmas - New Year’s
- BUPA private healthcare
- Access to CharlieHR PerksAtWork
- Company Options Scheme
- £2000 Recommend a friend scheme
- Office-based Friday lunches on us
- Office-based fruit deliveries and unlimited amounts of caffeine
Please submit your application via the FocalPoint website.