We believe that GNSS is one of the marvels of the modern world and here at FocalPoint, we are on a journey to revolutionise positioning and navigation for smartphones, wearables and vehicles.
We are looking for a Senior Inertial Navigation / Sensor-Fusion Engineer who is passionate about technology and excited about the goals of our company. You will join our Sensor Fusion team and help lead the development of our inertial navigation and positioning algorithms, while working closely with our software engineers to deliver products to our customers. The role offers significant scope for professional development spanning the research, product and software engineering disciplines and mentorship of junior staff.
- Work closely with software engineers / architects to plan the design of our products
- Provide technical leadership within a development team to integrate inertial navigation solutions into our products
- Propose and perform research and development work to enhance our positioning and navigation sensor fusion technologies
- Provide technical leadership of R&D projects
- Regular reporting on the progress of projects
- Provide technical mentorship to junior engineering staff
- Good undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- Relevant academic or industrial experience (e.g. developing inertial navigation and positioning sensor-fusion algorithms)
- Strong programming experience in Matlab, Python or C++
- Experience in inertial navigation systems (INS) processing, pedestrian dead reckoning techniques
- Experience of multi-sensor fusion techniques, such as loose, tight and deep coupling for GNSS-INS
- Experience of estimation techniques, such as Kalman filtering
- Knowledge of signal processing and machine-learning methods
- Strong programming experience in C++
Your Development and Perks
Your development is equally important as our business grows and we offer opportunities including appraisals, career development plans, training courses, feedback sessions through 1-2-1 meetings, knowledge-sharing and cross-training.
- Our generous benefits package includes the following:5% matched contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working (office and remote working to suit your needs)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Extra annual leave between Christmas - New Year’s
- BUPA private healthcare
- Access to CharlieHR PerksAtWork
- Company Options Scheme*
- £2000 Recommend a friend scheme
- Office-based Friday lunches on us
- Office-based fruit deliveries and unlimited amounts of caffeine
For more information, and to apply, please visit the FocalPoint website.