An exciting opportunity to work in a highly regarded and experienced Mobile Network Systems team within a collaborative and professional environment.
NEC Corporation (https://www.nec.com) is a leading global manufacturer and service provider in many areas of technology and digital solutions, including telecommunication, cloudification, AI, etc. which brings together and integrates technology and expertise to create the ICT-enabled society of tomorrow. NEC Telecom MODUS Ltd is a UK based subsidiary of NEC.
NEC Telecom MODUS Ltd. is a dynamic, cutting-edge telecoms company, developing Radio Access Network technology and products for 5G+ mobile telecommunications systems based on the global market requirements of mobile operators such as super high speed mobile data, ultra-reliable low-latency communications, massive numbers of IoT devices, etc.
Role and Main Responsibilities:
1. Delivering System-level feasibility study, technical analysis and systems design in areas of 5G+ Radio Access Network (RAN) with a current focus on gNB L3/Call Processing (CU-CP). Proposing add-value innovative solutions to realise NEC’s 3GPP/O-RAN commercial 5G+ RAN solutions and products.
2. Engage and contribute to internal and external technical discussions and reviews in a collaborative, knowledge-building and professional environment.
3. Continuously build your technical expertise and strive to expand your skills and knowledge in relevant areas.
Competitive depending on experience and previous achievements.
Knowledge, Experience and Personal Skills:
The successful candidate must have:
1. At least 5 years of experience of feature design and analysis work within 3GPP RAN architecture and using 3GPP protocols; 4G/5G L3 key concepts and CU-CP procedures and related specifications (e.g. NR-RRC, F1AP, XnAP, NGAP, etc.); good end-to-end knowledge, including UE, 5GC and gNB-DU functions.
2. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
3. Proven ability to deliver.
4. Strong collaborative and communications skills including listening and presenting verbally and in written form.
The following personal qualities and experience are desirable:
1. Eagerness to explore and engage in topics beyond the scope of one’s own tasks; strong interest to understand the broader picture.
2. Understanding of RRM and SON main functions in terms of purpose and basic algorithmic knowledge.
3. Familiarity with virtualisation concepts for real-time systems.
A good BSc/BEng and ideally a higher degree in either Communications, Electronics, Physics, Computing or Maths.
Please send CV, cover letter by email to email@example.com including the job reference and title “TML033: Systems Engineer” in the subject.
Leatherhead, Surrey, UK office with WFH