We have an exciting opportunity for an electronics engineer with a passion for innovation to join our multidisciplinary R&D team. The successful candidate will explore technologies at the cutting edge of development to drive forwards innovative product concepts, building on Beko and parent company, Arcelik’s, growing portfolio of connected and smart home products. Activities will involve scouting through on-line research and attending events on smart home related technologies as well as developing proof of concept prototypes to evaluate these technologies, often in collaboration with UK companies and Universities.
- Manage and lead activities on the evaluation and development of smart home-related technologies, such as sensors, wireless communication, robotics, computer vision, machine learning, AI and data analytics
- Propose and lead R&D feasibility projects to explore their potential for use in the smart home, ensuring projects are properly scoped, planned and executed
- Technology scout through both on-line research and attending relevant conferences, exhibitions and networking events: survey, identify and investigate new technologies in the Smart Home area and identify potential collaboration partners and new business opportunities
- Explore options for Innovate and Horizon 2020 funding opportunities to support collaborative research activities in the Beko R&D Centre; apply for grants where appropriate, and provide technical leadership for successful grants
- Liaise with relevant groups within the Beko/Arçelik global R&D structure to understand their needs for technology scouting support, visiting the Central R&D facility in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Prepare presentations, reports and recommendations on activities and projects
- Support ongoing projects at Beko R&D centre, as required
- 1st or 2:1 degree in Electronics Engineering or similar
- Research experience to Masters or PhD level is preferable
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years industry or postdoctoral research experience in a related field, involving product and/or technology research and development for Smart home related technologies
- Ideally some prototyping experience using development platforms such as Arduino and Raspberry PI
- Software skills, e.g. C, python
- Excellent presentation skills and an effective communicator. Ability to persuade, convince and influence others.
- broad knowledge of emerging technologies, and a passion for innovation
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups.
How to Apply
Please apply with CV and cover letter to: email@example.com