Focal Point Positioning is an exciting start-up, backed by some of the biggest names in the UK tech industry and we are on a mission to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing industry.
We are developing technologies that are rewriting the textbooks on how GNSS receivers can be designed and implemented for smartphones and automobiles. We are looking for individuals to join the team with the skills, drive, and passion to accelerate our development.
Focal Point Positioning is looking for a new Senior or Principal GNSS Engineer. You will design and deploy new algorithms that build upon our existing proprietary GNSS algorithms and solutions. You will be self motivated, excited about the field and the goals of our company, and able to work well both on individual tasks and as part of a team.
● Good undergraduate degree in a relevant field
● Relevant PhD or equivalent experience (e.g. >3 years developing GNSS algorithms in industry)
● In-depth knowledge of the full GNSS signal processing chain
● Expertise in Kalman filters and other probabilistic estimation techniques
● Knowledge of multi-sensor fusion techniques, including tight and deep coupling for GNSS-INS ● Strong programming experience in Matlab or Python
● Good C++ programming skills
● Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
The ideal candidate will also bring some or all of the following:
● An established reputation in the field
● 5+ years of experience in GNSS signal processing and algorithmic development
● Experience in RTK and/or PPP and/or multi-constellation positioning
● Experience with multi-path mitigation methods
● Experience with non-GNSS positioning techniques
● Experience with version control systems and continuous integration builds.
● Patenting experience
● Experience with the agile software development processes and test-driven development
● Embedded software experience. Experience with low-level embedded software development and testing (DSP).
Cambridge or Bristol