Focal Point Positioning is an exciting start-up, backed by some of the biggest names in the UK tech industry and we are on a mission to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing industry.
We are developing technologies that are rewriting the textbooks on how GNSS receivers can be designed and implemented for smartphones and automobiles. We are looking for individuals to join the team with the skills, drive, and passion to accelerate our development.
Focal Point Positioning is looking for a new Senior or Principal Sensor-Fusion Engineer to work on its D-Tail technology and its future enhancements. You will design and deploy new algorithms that improve, extend, or replace our existing proprietary algorithms and solutions. You will be self motivated, excited about the field and the goals of our company, and able to work well both on individual tasks and as part of a team.
● Good undergraduate degree in a relevant field
● Relevant PhD or equivalent experience (e.g. >3 years developing sensor-fusion algorithms in industry)
● In-depth knowledge of strapdown inertial navigation systems (INS) processing
● Expertise in Kalman filters and other probabilistic estimation techniques
● Knowledge of multi-sensor fusion techniques, such as tight and deep coupling for GNSS-INS ● Experience with a broad range of signal processing and machine-learning methods ● Strong programming experience in Matlab or Python ● Good C++ programming skills
The ideal candidate will also bring some or all of the following:
● An established reputation in the field
● 5+ years of experience in sensor fusion, signal processing, and algorithmic development
● Experience with GNSS or non-GNSS positioning techniques
● Excellent programming skills
● Experience with software version control systems
● Patenting experience
● Experience with the agile software development processes
● Embedded software experience
● Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills