We are building a self-healing microwave Mesh network operating at 60 GHz connecting high-speed internet to/from homes and 4G/5G small cells into a fibre-optic core network. This is a great opportunity to get in at the start of the development in a start-up environment. We are located close to the guided busway/cycleway in Histon, 1-mile North of Cambridge.
Software Engineer - Go
Base Location: Histon, Cambridgeshire, U.K.
The Software Engineer will be part of a small software team which is defining the intelligence which is resident in each of our embedded nodes running Linux. This role involves developing back end server functionality written in Python and Go. This forms part of our automatic network management system.
You will have a broad software development remit. This is likely to include:
- Digest high-level customer requirements and architectural guidance from the team to produce back end server functionality
- Become an expert in our network management system
- Identifying opportunities to make technology-driven operational and process improvements
- Developing of new products and products’ features
- Documenting and testing the code you produce
- Debugging and fixing issues found from live field deployments
Skills & Experience required:
Enthusiasm, flexibility and the desire to work in a small dynamic team are more important than specific technical skills, but you will probably have significant experience of:
- Google Go development
- Web applications
- Linux based development environments
- Python and other scripting languages
And it would be useful if you knew something about:
- Network management
- Revision control systems (git)
- Knowledge of Linux including network setup and configuration
- Experience of unit testing and continuous integration
- Able to work indefinitely in the UK
Vision Park, Histon