An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Iotic, a creative and disruptive young business realizing our vision to connect any Thing with any Thing, creating the semantic interoperability layer for the world.
We are constantly on the look out for talented, passionate people who will help us unlock the true value and unlimited opportunities which result from our unique digital twin technology in Iotic Space. See www.iotics.com for further background.
Strictly no recruitment agencies.
We are looking for an experienced and proven senior development engineer to help us scale our IoT infrastructure in order to allow the business to scale accordingly.
You’ll be embedded in the core development team to design, implement and maintain the network and core layers of the architecture, and will code mainly in Golang on Linux and possibly in other languages and environments as necessary. You will collaborate with other team members to integrate your work with the other components of the platform, as well as with the DevSecOps team and Network test team.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of building applications to global-scale, either as the lead developer or as a senior member of a team. You will have experience of the full software development life-cycle from design to deployment and including run-time monitoring and maintenance; you will also have experience in networking, secure inter-process communication, distributed and decentralised applications.
And, you are responsive and adaptable to the changing demands of a company at this stage in its life cycle.
The role will be nominally based at our Cambridge and/or London offices and we’d expect you to be there for meetings approximately once a week. Otherwise we fully support remote working and you can be home-based should this work better for you.
- Architect, design and build of reliable robust, scalable and monitorable applications
- Test and support their own code and the system it is part of
- Involvement in DevSecOps activity in areas such as designing for deployment and monitoring
- Supporting the VP of Engineering in reaching product development objectives
- Mentoring and coaching junior developers / code reviewing
- Contributing to road-map features list
The ideal candidate will have an experienced and varied development background with a good history of both server- and client-side development. Experience with high-volume, high-availability and scalable software solutions would be an advantage
- Strong Golang skills particularly networking, multi-processing concurrency, RPC, messaging infrastructure (not just to build tooling)
- Can build frameworks (other than use them)
- Proven experience with other mainstream languages (Java/Python/C# etc) with a focus on OO
- Can write testable and maintainable code and understands the value of build and integration automation
- Can prove hands on involvement in creating applications that can scale globally and can be effectively be monitored.
- Database technologies, SQL, NoSQL
- Exposure to devops technologies (docker, kubernetes) and cloud APIs (AWS, Azure)
- Server admin and security
- Configuration management and version control (Git)
Desirable, but not essential skills:
- Semantic web technologies, RDF, SPARQL
- Knowledge of IoT platforms and technologies
- Blockchain technologies (how they work, what they’re good for, above and beyond buying cryptos)
- Decentralised identity, verifiable credentials
Qualifications and education:
- Relevant University Degree – OR –
- At least 8 years’ experience within the IT sector