We have an exciting opportunity for Students to join our team in Cambridge as Student Test Engineer's.
We have an exciting opportunity for Students to join our team in Cambridge as Student Test Engineer's. This role will be a fixed-term contract of up to one year and can be completed as a part time role around your studying or, as a block during a sandwich or gap year for example.
We are looking for student's who are interested in a career in software, engineering or technology and are currently studying (or have just finished) a relevant college or university course such as Computer Science or Engineering,
You will receive full training in order to support our existing Test team to validate SCSC’s latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity chips to ensure they meet the highest standards.
We test on Android platforms to exercise the firmware, drivers and host code written by our developers.
Your role will involve testing, reproduction of customer issues, configuring hardware, raising bugs and assisting developers in collecting data for debugging.
- Execute tests as requested by the test team and provide timely feedback on the results
- Maintain and support software test equipment and systems
- Reproducing customer issues and collecting logs
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Great ability to follow instructions and directions
- Knowledge of Android as a user
- Effective team player
- Good communicator
- Good problem solving ability
- Android or Linux knowledge
- Experience of working in a customer support role
- Experience of team working (in school, college, university, clubs or sport)
- Continued training and development
- Flexible benefits system
- 25 days holiday annually
- Great discounts on Samsung products
- Free on-site gym and canteen
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage people to apply from all backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed.
St Johns House, Cowley Road