Your role will be to provide our customers with the technical documents that they need to be successful with our products. With an electronics/engineering background, you’ll take ownership of liaising with our hardware and software teams across multiple locations to translate designs and specifications into user-friendly and instructive documentation.
Technical Author/Writer – Cambridge
(There is the possibility that this role can be covered in 4 days a week)
Can you write very specific technical documents?
Can you test that the documents supporting the products actually work and are not just words?
Do you want to work for a company that is going places where you actually play an integral part in keeping us market leaders?
Who are we?
UltraSoC is a pioneering developer of analytics and monitoring technology at the heart of the systems-on-chip (SoCs) that power today’s electronic products. Our embedded analytics technology allows product designers to add advanced cybersecurity, functional safety and performance-tuning features; and it helps resolve critical issues such as increasing system complexity and ever-decreasing time-to-market.
What we are looking for?
Our talented and productive engineering teams keep up a fast pace of innovation. Your role will be to provide our customers with the technical documents that they need to be successful with our products. With an electronics/engineering background, you’ll take ownership of liaising with our hardware and software teams across multiple locations to translate designs and specifications into user-friendly and instructive documentation.
What will you deliver?
· Owning the relationship with the engineers who are building the products
· An understanding of in-depth technical information
· Build up a complete knowledge of our product portfolio and convert that into the full set of documents
· Creating new and managing existing documents, including User Guides, Installation Guides and Application Notes
· Interpreting and acting on customer feedback relating to technical documentation
· Test that documents are accurate to customer expectations, including running product tests where appropriate
· Work with Product, Marketing and Applications Engineering teams to ensure full documentation coverage
· Developing and maintaining our documentation style guide and templates
· Take responsibility for our online knowledge management systems
What do we need?
· A background in electronics/semiconductors/embedded systems and a demonstrable track record of writing documentation
· Ability to produce documents communicating complex concepts and technical solutions
· Comfortable communicating with all internal stakeholders
· Ability to view technology products from the perspective of the end-users’ needs including ability to carry out acceptance testing
· A strong attention to detail and tenacity to probe and challenge the technical team to develop detailed understanding
· A learning orientation and willingness to make the role your own
· A degree in a STEM subject
· Previous experience of managing an online knowledge management systems
· An intermediate level of Office suite is essential
What would be beneficial?
· Previous experience working for a start-up/scale-up company
· Knowledge of electronics, the semiconductor IP industry, or embedded systems
We are a young, growth-stage company, proud of our technology and selling globally to many of the most respected and most exciting technology companies on the planet. In a friendly supportive environment, with minimal corporate tedium, you will have as much responsibility as you can handle, with a lot of scope to make your mark and propose new ideas.
Things will be fast-moving, with new projects and new ideas on a constant basis: this will be exciting – and often demanding. We expect our people to be flexible and to “go the extra mile” in meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
In return, we treat people as grown-ups, who can be trusted with autonomy, share a desire to get things done and a willingness to work hard to make both us and our customers succeed. As part of that we offer flexible working hours, a work from home policy and flexibility on holidays. That includes family-friendly policies like letting engineers with kids adjust their working hours to suit school hours.
UltraSoC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected class. If you are interested in applying for the above vacancy, please send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference RO1 quoting your salary expectations.
St Johns Innovation Centre