We are looking for a Contractor to join our System Test team on an initial 6 month contract. You will be responsible for producing innovative test framework solutions to verify our latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity chips.
Please note, this contract will be inside of IR35 legislation and if successful, SCSC would require you to work via an umbrella company.
We are looking for a Contractor to join our System Test team on an initial 6 month contract. You will be responsible for producing innovative test framework solutions to verify our latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity chips to ensure they meet the highest standards. The chips are tested at a system or module level, typically hosted on Android OS or Linux platforms. The automation is expected to drive the host, drivers or firmware on platform and other third party devices or equipment for a complete end-to-end testing.
Your role involves expanding existing automation frameworks to add support for automating DUTs, test tools and lab equipment; as a result we need an engineer with excellent python scripting ability, test development and testing experience.
You will need to be passionate about producing long lasting software test solutions, able to communicate effectively with developers and work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
- Understand testing requirements from internal and customer documentation
- Understand test equipment user guides and APIs
- Develop new robust test automation frameworks
- Develop python libraries for controlling lab equipment
- Develop test results analysis tools
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Attention to detail and a result driven approach
- Prior experience of delivering automated test frameworks using python to tight timescales
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Use of version control, continuous integration and issue tracking tools, GIT, Jenkins and JIRA
- Embedded software testing experience
- Experience of wireless communication protocols such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Experience of higher layer networking proctocols.
- Experience in developing software for Android or Linux kernel
- Competent using and automating laboratory equipment such as IQ analysers/generators eg Litepoint, Anritsu, R&S, Spirent, power measurement equipment e.g National instruments, Monsoon etc.
St Johns House, Cowley Road