Green Energy Options (geo) are looking for an enthusiastic UI Designer to join their growing Creative Team, which includes UX, UI, digital assets and product design. Based in Cambridge, geo prides itself on its friendly and supportive workplace that promotes diversity, embraces inclusion and cultivates respect for all individuals. geo has an energetic, positive working culture, with competitive benefits including 25 days annual leave, continuous training and development opportunities, access to a free company punt boat, 5% employer pension and much more.
Located in Cambridge (UK) Green Energy Options (geo) specialise in the design, manufacture and support of energy management systems and displays for domestic markets across Europe. Our focus is helping consumers understand and manage their domestic energy and water consumption. As such we design, manufacture and support consumer products. Established in 2006 geo is now one of the leading home energy management system companies in the world having sold over 5 million systems. We are listed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 fastest growing UK tech Companies for a third year running and in 2017 we won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation. With major contracts to supply the UK smart metering programme, multiple connected home contracts and a growing distribution channel the company is continuing to experience substantial growth.
Looks are everything when it comes to interface and app design.
Operating in the fast-moving Energy and Smart Home sectors; we are looking for team members who can develop and evolve UI design. As part of the Creative Team, you will work collaboratively with UX and product design to support the design and specification of user interfaces for our hardware, digital products and apps.
We are looking for someone with a passion for creating new user interfaces, who can take engagement to a new level. The role will cover app design, illustration, iconography and product packaging.
An interest in the Internet of Things and smart gadgets is highly desirable.
What we’re looking for
- Meticulous, Proactive, and Enthusiastic
- A keen eye for detail
- Someone who takes pride in their own designs and that of their teams
- Relevant education in HCI and UI/X design
- Real-world experience designing user interfaces on apps – that play to your strengths as a designer
- Happy to ‘show off’ a strong online portfolio of work
- Free-hand illustration would be a real bonus
- Exposure to 3D design and rendering would be an advantage
- Experience working in or with software development teams
- The ability to communicate effectively within the Creative Team and beyond (Senior Management, Development and Support Teams alike)
- The ability to rationalise design decisions when challenged
- Proficiency with graphic design and prototyping tools (the usual suspects – Sketch, Marvel, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- A quick thinker who can work to tight deadlines
What you’ll be working on
No two weeks are the same and while the primary focus is on user interface design, you will be also be involved with packaging, product design, literature and digital asset design.
- Collaborating with a a 5-strong Creative Team
- Primarily focussing on user interfaces
- Collecting requirements from product and project managers’
- Architecting, developing and documenting UI designs for our latest products and exciting new apps
- Acting as the go-to person for product branding and design guidelines
- Illustrating and designing packaging for products
- Helping to nurture and develop our internal style guides as well as platform specific guidelines for iOS and Android
If you think you’ve got what we want, please email us a bit about yourself, a link to a portfolio we can browse and a copy of your CV. Tell us why you are interested and what you can bring to this role together with your salary expectations and availability to the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
3 St Marys Court Hardwick Cambridge