lowRISC is a non-profit community interest company, using collaborative engineering to develop and maintain open source silicon designs and tools.
Our expertise includes processor and SoC design, with a particular focus on hardware security, design verification, RISC-V tools, and the LLVM compiler.
- developing and maintaining high quality, verified open source silicon IP
- creating open source software tools, including compiler infrastructure and test and verification systems
- an independent non-profit home for projects with multiple partners
- research collaborations with universities to explore novel features in security and more
- bringing the benefits of open source processes, community, and licensing to the hardware world
- enabling open hardware to be a reality for diverse applications at scale