The mandate of the Canadian High Commission in London is to promote Canada's trade and economic interests in the UK, and to support the efforts of Canadian companies who have selected the UK as a target market for their products, services or technologies. We also offer our UK clients assistance with investment and trade opportunities in Canada and will match their sourcing and technology needs with the appropriate Canadian products and services.
We are part of the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada whose mandate consists of:
- ensuring that Canada's foreign policy reflects true Canadian values and advances Canada's national interests;
- strengthening rules-based trading arrangements and to expand free and fair market access at bilateral, regional and global levels; and
- working with a range of partners inside and outside government to achieve increased economic opportunity and enhanced security for Canada and for Canadians at home and abroad.
The Priority Sectors for the Canadian High Commission are:
- Aerospace & Defence
- Agriculture, Food & Beverages
- Building Products & Construction
- Environmental Industries
- Information & Communications Technologies
- Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
We promote Canada's trade and economic interests in the UK through a variety of activities, often in partnership with organisations such as Cambridge Wireless. Whilst much of our activity is focused around the needs of individual companies and organisations, we also work with groups of Canadian companies visiting the UK, in organising events and making appropriate contacts for them. Similarly we work with individual UK companies, Agencies, UKTI and others, who may be planning to visit Canada, to make introductions to appropriate contacts to help maximize their trips.