Online child sexual abuse imagery is a global problem, which demands a global solution. The internet does not respect geographical borders, so The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) works in close cooperation with partners worldwide to eradicate online images of child sexual abuse as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Work closely with the internet industry worldwide, partnering with police, governments, charities and other hotlines, in the fight against online child sexual images and videos.
- Develop and use emerging technologies to improve the identification and removal of images. Use innovative new tactics and services to minimise the global availability of child sexual abuse images and videos.
- Research and analyse trends and data to help our Members and policy makers combat child sexual abuse imagery online.
- We search for child sexual abuse images and videos and then we have them removed. Our Hotline offers a safe place for the public to report anonymously.
- We’re a not-for-profit organisation and are supported by the global internet industry and the European Commission.