Cable Operators Can Tackle Their Toughest TV Everywhere Quality Issues and Comply with Loudness and Closed Captioning Regulations with Tektronix' Sentry and QCloud.
BEAVERTON, Ore. - September 22, 2014 - Tektronix (www.tektronix.com), the market leader in broadcast video test, monitoring and analysis solutions, will showcase its latest video and audio monitoring solutions for ensuring the quality of TV Everywhere services and for complying with loudness and closed captioning regulations in its booth (1531) at this year's Cable-Tec Expo, which will take place in Denver, Colo. from September 22 through September 25.
"Cable-Tec is the perfect event to show that we are continually enhancing our award-winning Sentry video quality monitoring portfolio to address operators' most urgent needs, from complying with the new closed captioning regulations to combatting loud commercials to ensuring the quality of their TV Everywhere services," said Eben Jenkins, general manager, Video Product Line, Tektronix. "We are also showing operators how they can take advantage of the cloud with our QCloud solution, which enables them to handle their most demanding quality control requirements while minimizing their capital and operating costs."
The company's specific Cable-Tec highlights will include:
- The ability for Sentry to audit closed captioning to determine if operators are in compliance with new FCC guidelines, which include being able to determine if closed captioning is actually present on all channels
- How Sentry's new occupancy-based alerting capability quickly informs operators of any issues with their closed captioning
- Alerting, reporting and trending analysis for Descriptive Video
- Demonstrations of the QCloud quality control (QC) solution, showing operators how they can leverage the power of the cloud to conduct extensive QC operations while reducing both their capital and operating expenses
- Showing how operators can use Sentry to monitor their adaptive bit rate (ABR) streaming content to ensure their TV Everywhere / OTT programming assets are properly stored, ready for immediate delivery and that the proper fragments are delivered
- Sentry's ability to verify the proper alignment of instantaneous decoder refresh (IDR) and encoder boundary points (EBPs)
- Sentry's ability to capture "thumbnail" images when audio issues occur, which allows operators to visually confirm whether errors occurred during programming or ads and aids in the diagnosis of the underlying issue.