From self-parking cars, gesture-controlled infotainment systems to head-up displays that augment reality, car technology is advancing so quickly that it’s hard to imagine what’s next. In the face of rapidly expanding technological capabilities for self-driving cars, highly automated and autonomous vehicles the Driverless Technology Conference is set to return for its second year. Taking place in Milton Keynes on November 22nd industry insiders will offer a glimpse of what’s coming down the line in 2017 and beyond.
The Driverless Technology Conference (DTC) focuses on accelerating growth within driverless technology and maintaining the UK’s position at the forefront of industry development. DTC'16 addresses the new business models and use cases that are linked to driverless technology actively being pursued, researched and sold by major automakers & key disruptors in the market alike.
DTC has teamed up with a number of leading industry partners, including NVIDIA, Transport Systems Catapult, FISITA and the GATEway & UK Autodrive consortia, for this year’s event, which will bring together delegates from across the automotive ecosystem.
Technical & Policy Streams
The DTC conference will address the use of innovative driverless technology in real-world environments and provide a strategic overview of the development needed to enable driverless technology to flourish in the UK. New for 2016 the event will feature two conference streams: Policy and Technical.
Chaired by Lukas Neckermann, of Neckermann Strategic Advisors, the Policy Stream will address everything from regulatory roadmaps, policy frameworks, cybersecurity, public opinion and consumer acceptance, to planning, infrastructure, mobility, insurance, liability and legal challenges. Policy Stream speakers confirmed so far include:
• Austen Okonweze, Head of Research & Development, Centre for Connected & Autonomous Vehicles (CCAV).
• Andy Davis, Transport Cyber Security Practice Director, NCC Group.
• Dr John McCarthy, Technical Director, Atkins.
• Professor Nick Reed, Academy Director, TRL.
• Tim Armitage, UK Autodrive Project Director, Arup.
• Andrew Miller, Chief Technology Officer, Thatcham Research.
The Technical Stream will provide a platform to discuss the latest developments within autonomous control systems, connectivity, V2X, communication & 5G, advanced road mapping, collision avoidance systems, ADAS & HMI strategy, software, sensors and future innovation. This year’s Technical Stream will hear from industry experts including:
• Sven Lanwer, Chief Engineer, Chassis Control Systems, Robert Bosch.
• Serkan Arslan, Director of Automotive, NVIDIA.
• Roberta Mugellesi Dow, Integrated Applications Manager, European Space Agency.
• Matthieu Campion, Senior Marketing Manager, TomTom Automotive.
• Mark Cund, Autonomous Vehicle Control Manager, Jaguar Land Rover.
Exhibition & Networking
DTC’16 will feature dedicated networking sessions and a break-out exhibition bringing together government officials, OEM’s and tier 1 & 2 suppliers with automotive engineers and technicians. Exhibitors including Green Hills Software, INSIGHT, Ordnance Survey, OPTIS, OxTS and dSPACE will showcase the latest technologies and solutions from across the driverless industry.
Tickets & Registration
To purchase your event tickets visit: https://driverlesstechnologyconference.eventbrite.co.uk
NB: CW Members receive a 10% discount (email email@example.com for the code)