Have you developed - or are you looking to create - a healthcare solution based on digital technology? If so, you stand the chance of winning £20,000 and mentoring opportunities from MedImmune, the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca.
Start-ups and entrepreneurs are invited to choose from a list of six topics and submit your best solution - but you need to be quick, as the deadline for entries is Tuesday April 3rd.
- Mhealth solution for measuring of disease progression in chronic respiratory disease - open to highly novel endpoints e.g. socialisation
- Data mining of eHealth records to aid focused patient recruitment (projects aligned to respiratory and allergic disease will be prioritised)
- Digital solution to improve site & patient trial experience, e.g. communication, just-in-time reminders, trial progress reporting, virtual visits
- Digital solutions to simplify and accelerate end to end clinical trial execution including overall trial management e.g. eConsent beyond electronic recording
- Re-purposing of home technology for clinical trial use e.g. smart TV, fridges (drug storage and utilisation)
- Mhealth solution for early detection of asthma symptoms and disease monitoring
- Your Leadership
Six finalists will have the chance to win the grand prize by presenting to a panel of prominent industry funding experts and executives:
- Jane Osbourn, Vice President, R&D, MedImmune
- Rene van der Merwe, Vice President, Clinical Development, MedImmune
- Andrew Williams, Vice President, Strategy & Operations, AstraZeneca
- DebuPurkayastha, Managing Partner, 3rd Eye Capital
- Andrew Chapman, Digital Health Sector Lead, Digicatapult
All finalists will receive mentoring opportunities from MedImmune, and will be asked to pitch their ideas at the MedImmune Cambridge Digital Health Forum, which takes place at The Hauser Forum (2:00-6:30pm) on Tuesday April 17, 2018.
Deadline for entries is Tuesday 3 April 2018. Finalists will be announced by Monday 9 April 2018.
Please submit ideas to Louise Rushworth.
The necessity of digital health in treating respiratory diseases
Find out more about and sign up for the free Cambridge Network & MedImmune event on Tuesday April 17, 2018.
The MedImmune Digital Health Challenge is an integral part of the jointly organised Cambridge Network/MedImmune Cambridge Digital Health Forum.
Featuring prominent speakers from MedImmune, ARM, Owlstone Medical, Mologic and Pneumacare, this event will explore the necessity of digital health for respiratory diseases. With digital technologies set to disrupt the healthcare sector in the future, Medimmune recognises this opportunity, and is looking to position itself as a leader in digital adoption in their pipeline and beyond.