If standing up to speak in front of an audience is your worst nightmare, consider learning how to overcome your fears at an upcoming course run by Cambridge Network's Learning Collaboration. And if you already present regularly, an advanced course will help you hone and enhance your skills.
Presentation Skills: Introduction on Wednesday 13 June at Barclays Eagle Labs (7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, Cambridge CB1 7BN) is a one-day workshop designed for individuals who have little or no experience of presenting.
The workshop provides a safe and supportive environment for individuals to practise skills and gain confidence in their presentation ability.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to prepare, create and successfully deliver a presentation.
- Understand stress and its effects - and develop some coping strategies
- Gain skills to look and sound confident even under stress
- Learn how to create, structure and bring to life effective content
- Develop and use prompts to depend on during the presentation.
Presentation Skills: Advanced, on the following two days (Thursday 14 and Friday 15 June) at the same venue (Eagle Labs, 7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, Cambridge CB1 7BN) is designed for individuals who present regularly as part of their role and want to improve their already competent skills.
The workshop is highly interactive, with research in psychology to get the most out of you and your audience, practical exercises to enhance key skills and presentations of increasing demand to build skills and confidence within a supportive environment.
You will be able to:
- Enhance your personal impact
- Create persuasive and influential content in a well structured and engaging manner
- Practise skills to present ad-lib, from notes or script effectively
- Use PowerPoint to enhance, not spoil your presentation
- Handle all questions confidently
- Gain a clear understanding of your own presentation strengths and areas for development.
Did you know that Cambridge Network membership means you automatically have the right to book on to any of the Network's quality Learning Collaboration courses at any time? A wide spectrum of soft skills, technical and leadership development courses are on offer throughout the year, so sign up now to build your capabilities. Cambridge Network's Learning Collaboration is a CPD training provider, registered and certified with The CPD Standards Office and many of its courses will earn you valuable CPD points.
The Learning Collaboration works on behalf of Cambridge Network members to organise, purchase and share training and management development opportunities, delivered locally. That means all members benefit from economies of scale, gaining improved access to high quality professional training courses at value-for-money prices.