NTT Data, a company at #50 in the Fortune Global 500 who invests $3.6Bn in R&D annually, is seeking start-ups with solutions across seven domains listed below. Apply today for the opportunity to pitch your business to all its relevant business units and group companies.
For UK start-ups, there are two opportunities for participating in the 10th Open Innovation Contest: Edinburgh and London. The contest is designed for NTT Data to identify innovators around the globe whose unique ideas combined with NTT Data's guidance and clients can make a positive impact on society. Past UK winners include CW members, GeoSpock. The Open Innovation Contest is focused on building long-lasting partnerships with participants, offering start-ups access to their global customer base, offering assets such as IP and other services, and business development support, including joint proposition creation and up to $100,000 investment.
If you are a start-up with solutions in the following areas, CW recommends that you consider applying:
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Augmented intelligence for personalised healthcare
- Reducing the need for in-patient care
- Finance, insurance and payments
- Smart & data driven insurance
- Automotive and Mobility as a Service
- Creation of next generation mobility business
- Telecom and IoT
- Connected industry-specific 5G use cases
- Physical stores and marketing
- Enabling the new consumer
- Smart automation
- Automated ways to identify potential automation and simplification in a process
- AI transparency and detecting bias in AI algorithms
- Disruptive social innovation
- Exponential technology
Your application will be judged in five categories: business plan, synergy, business size and scalability, passion and alignment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Following initial assessment, finalists for each location will be mentored by someone in the NTT Data team before delivering a seven minute presentation at the pitch days in either London or Edinburgh (you pick when you apply). The winners from each location will be invited to attend the grand final on 24 January in Tokyo!
The application deadline is 31 October 2019.
The Edinburgh pitching day is 2 December 2019.
The London pitching day is TBC.