The new CW Non-Terrestrial Networks SIG is launching! With two online events in the calendar for this summer, the Champions are all set to get you up to speed with satellite communications.
The SIG welcomes anyone interested in the technology of, and business case for, the use of satellites in telecommunications. The Champions are keen to deliver a platform for you to learn from, or debate ideas with, experts in this field.
The launch event is taking place on Thursday 24 June and will launch the CW community into the fascinating and esoteric world of communications from the sky and beyond, with top speakers from the European Space Agency and the Satellite Applications Catapult
The second event on Thursday 22 July focuses on a specific industry where near-earth technology can have a huge impact: farming. Speakers will be announced shortly.
Over the coming years, the SIG is set to cover:
- The economics and technical viability of satellite connectivity
- Sector-specific applications, including smart cities from space, smart seas from space, smart energy from space, and environmental monitoring
- Multi-spectrum sub-metre imaging, including synthetic aperture radar and the role of artificial intelligence as an enabler
- GNSS enhancement from LEOS
- Wi-Fi 6.0 as an integrated terrestrial and non-terrestrial service
- Spectrum coexistence in Ku and Ka band, including GSO to MEO to LEO to HAPS to 5G
- Emergency service network and PPDR network integration
If you want to keep informed of new events and resources from the Non-Terrestrial Networks SIG, update your marketing preferences to include “Satellite Communications”.
Many thanks to the new Non-Terrestrial Networks SIG Champions for getting this group off the ground with such style!
- Kieran Arnold — Director, Satellite Applications Catapult
- Andy Bennett — Space Lead, The KTN
- Steve Clarke — CTO, Wyld Networks Ltd
- Stewart Marsh — Head of Aerospace, Cambridge Consultants
- Paul Morris — Business Development Director, EnSilica
- Dr Jaime Reed — Vice President, Space Data Platforms and Applications, CGI
- Cyril Valadon — Technical Director, MediaTek (MTK Wireless Limited)
- Geoff Varrall — Director, RTT Online