The introduction of new mobile network generations, new spectrum bands and new antenna technology has added complexity to deployed networks. Work on defining the next generation of mobile networks is underway, is this the time to rethink mobile networks?
Through in-depth technical presentations, CW TEC 2023 will explore the complexity of future wireless networks, with sessions covering:
How complex are current mobile networks?
- What is the complexity?
- What has driven the complexity?
- multi-RAT, multi-Band,
- Multiple backhaul options
How do we deal with today’s complexity?
- Managing the complexities Tools & techniques
- What short term techniques can help to manage the situation?
- Intent based network and service management
- Wi-Fi / Cellular integration
- Application of AI
What are the future technologies that are making it simple (or not)?
- What long term/distributive technique are on the horizon?
- Integrating space and airborne platforms (LEO/HAPs)
- Even higher frequency spectrum (THz)
- Open architectures (Open RAN)
- Cell-less architectures
- A new 6G RAT?
- Spectrum sharing?
- Neutral host in-building
- RIC (non-real time, near real time & beyond)
The day will conclude with a panel introducing insights from adjacent industries such as the energy sector, railway signalling, TV broadcasting – how have they dealt with complexities and improved infrastructure?