Real Time Commission is a £30k commission to make a new public realm digital work for Cambridge, working within the Greater Cambridge area and its data. The commission is open to artists from all disciplines, as well as collectives of creatives assembled around cross-disciplinary making. This includes artists, artist collectives and designers.
Collision is a not for profit arts & tech company working with partners across public, tech and academic sectors to support talent development and create extraordinary public artworks. We working at the intersection of arts, technology and human interaction. We facilitate collaborative interdisciplinary explorations focusing on new work with artists.
We aim to:
- respond to the unique opportunity to build on Cambridge’s indigenous strength as a world leading technology innovation hub
- deliver critically engaged artistic work that is a product of the unique resources within the city
- deliver exceptional experiences for audiences as both participants and viewers
- achieve disruptive outcomes that challenge the status quo and supporting innovation across disciplines
- contribute to a heightened profile for Cambridge as a contemporary, international city and ultimately, build a reputation for the city as a leading R&D centre for arts and technology.