Last updated Wednesday, 20 May 2020
The health and safety of our community and our team are CW’s primary priority. In the wake of the Coronavirus situation and in our role as event organisers, we have a responsibility to put in place safeguarding measures to minimise the risk of infection at our events and help all stakeholders including delegates, speakers and hosts feel safe.
In creating this policy, CW is aligned with the practices of many of its members who have adopted a range of precautionary measures including, to date, limiting inter-office travel, attendance at events and the hosting of external guests on site. The CW team are monitoring the situation daily and will update this policy according to guidance from the UK Government, Public Health England and the World Health Organisation.
What CW is doing:
- CW is postponing, cancelling or converting to webinar the majority of our SIG events and Founders’ Dinners due to be held before Tuesday 1 September 2020. Depending on the situation, this date may be extended.
- CW’s aim is to restart the delivery of face-to-face events as soon as government guidelines and societal behaviour indicate that this is appropriate. To this end, we have started scheduling events for Autumn 2020. Our goal is to deliver these on their advertised dates, however the health and safety of our community remains our priority and these events may be postponed to later dates if necessary.
- When face-to-face event activity is resumed:
- CW will keep a record of all delegates’ contact details. If we learn that an event delegate is diagnosed with Coronavirus, we will contact all event stakeholders with that information.
- CW will ensure easy access to handwashing facilities (and/or hand sanitizers) and tissues at all events.
- CW will advise against direct contact with other delegates at events, including handshaking.
Internal CW policy:
- All staff are now working from home until further notice.
- CW will keep high traffic areas of the office clean; this includes door handles, keyboards and mice. Cleaning spray will be provided.
- All staff members will follow NHS recommended procedures for limiting the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often and for at least twenty seconds, especially when getting home or into work.
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.