CW Coronavirus Policy
Last updated 10 May 2022
The health and safety of our community and our team are CW’s primary priority. In the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic and in our role as event organisers, we have a responsibility to put in place safeguarding measures to minimise the risk of infection at our events and help all stakeholders including delegates, speakers and hosts feel safe.
We are aware that COVID-19 is still around so if you can take a lateral flow test before attending the event that would be appreciated. Please do not attend if you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Attending any CW event is at your own risk and CW will not accept liability for potential exposure.
What CW is doing:
- We encourage all event attendees to take a Lateral Flow Device (LFD) test the day of the event before travelling and only attend if it is negative.
- CW keeps a record of all delegates’ contact details.
- CW will ensure easy access to handwashing facilities (and/or hand sanitizers) at all events.
- Attendees should bring their own face masks if they wish to wear one.
If you test positive for Covid-19 ahead of the event
If you get a positive result on your lateral flow test before attending a CW event, please do NOT come on to site.
If you experience symptoms whilst attending a CW event
If you experience symptoms whilst attending a CW event, please exit the site as soon as possible whilst maintaining social distance from others. You will need to go home immediately and follow NHS guidance on what to do next.
Internal CW policy
- If a staff member is feeling unwell or prefers to limit their chance of exposure to anyone who may be infected with the virus, they may work from home.
- If a staff member has meetings or site visits that are non-essential, they may use their own discretion as to whether to attend or postpone until a later date, or alter to a conference call.
- CW will keep high traffic areas of the office clean; this includes door handles, keyboards and mice. Cleaning spray will be provided.
- All staff members will follow NHS recommended procedures for limiting the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often and for at least twenty seconds, especially when getting home or into work.
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.