CW launch Cambridge’s first 5G mobile private network housed within the Cambridge Science Park
The new 5G enabled Accelerator will allow Cambridge’s illustrious technology community to undertake cutting edge new digital research and application in key areas such as:
- Mobility as a service using Connected Autonomous Vehicles
- Electric Vehicle Charging
- Remote working and communication with the Science Park
- Waste management, Air Pollution, sustainability and clean energy
- Traffic management
- Digitalisation of building services around wellness and health
- Increasing efficiency, learning and collaboration of workers through high bandwidth low latency video communication to International offices and Science Parks
- Remote surgery, ultrasonography and emergency medical treatment for hospitals
- Increased AGV and automation in and outside of hospitals such as 5G vehicle for mobile temperature monitoring, disinfection, medicine delivery vehicle, robot for hospital guide etc.
The CW 5G Private Testbed will go live in January 2021 and be based at the Cambridge Science Park. Testbed partners Huawei will be joined by TusPark UK to support the digitalisation of The Cambridge Science Park and enable businesses to exploit new capabilities, fast-track innovation and gain competitive advantage as they shift towards the adoption of 5G.
CW are looking for organisations who would like to create, accelerate and test out new and innovative applications and products on the CW 5G Testbed, successful applicants will gain free access to:
- An indoor 5G private network
- The latest 5G enabled devices
- A brand-new Innovation lab on the Cambridge Science Park with full 5G access and coverage for indoor application with access to a dedicated project room, a lobby reception with cafeteria and underground Car Park within the building
- Master classes run by industry experts covering the latest applications, case studies for successful 5G adoption and ROI business cases
- Hardware, software, application and project coaching and support
- Introductions to, and engagement with, the CW member network relating to vertical Industry sectors who have expressed interest for innovative 5G use cases
The duration of the initial accelerator is 12 weeks from January to March 2021. We anticipate high demand for participation, if you are interested, or you know of a company that may be interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Abhi Naha.