A celebration of innovation and excellence in the wireless technology community
- CW Technology & Innovation Awards
BEST INNOVATION IN WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY
For new (released since Jan 2020) innovations in the broad field of wireless technology, from a new antenna design that improves reception in crowded environments, artificial intelligence that transforms network performance, or novel satellite technology that is reducing latency.
- Vodafone and Ericsson – for their deployment of a new 5G radio that decreases energy consumption by 43%
- Forefront RF – for their Adaptive Passive Cancellation (APC) technology
- Freshwave – for their ground-breaking use of spectrum
BEST CONNECTOR BUSINESS
A team or business that is deploying wireless technology to improve products, increase operational efficiency or bring other benefits. Whether the nominee are working with ports on real-time container tracking or insurance companies with connected trackers, this award celebrates impactful applications of wireless technology.
- CyanConnode – for the rollout of their smart metering technology in the utilities space
- Ubisense – for the deployments of their asset tracking technology
- Zizo – for the deployments of their data analysis solutions
"CONNECTING PEOPLE" AWARD
A technology, product or company that has helped more people access the benefits of wireless connectivity. Whether that’s improving coverage, reducing the costs of access or increasing connection speeds, this nominee has transformed internet access.
- Liverpool 5G Create – for their 5G network that is helping keep communities healthy, independent and socially connected
- Freshwave and Croydon Council – for the first local authority open access agreement
- Ontix and Westminster City Council – for the Westminster Markets Wi-Fi Network
OUTSTANDING CEO OF THE YEAR
A recognition of exceptional leadership. This person demonstrates a clear vision, a creative approach and a motivational and supportive environment for employees. Nominees must be the CEO of a company of any size developing or deploying wireless technology.
- Mark Thomas, Coderus
- Anu Bhardwaj, SHEQONOMI
- Dana Tobak, Hyperoptic
OUTSTANDING YOUNG ENGINEER OF THE YEAR
A recognition of emerging talent. This person has an extraordinary impact on project performance through their technical know-how and teamworking. Nominees must be aged 35 or under and work in a technological / engineering role.
- Michelle Law, ghd
- Darendra Appanah, Cambridge Consultants
- Daniel Zavaczki, Freshwave
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT IN THE WIRELESS SECTOR
A recognition of an exceptional career in the wireless sector. This individual has made significant technological contributions to the wireless sector and has been generous with their expertise and knowledge to the benefit of the wider technology community.
- Nick Johnson, Mavenir
- Zahid Ghadialy, Parallel Wireless
- Ros Singleton, UK5G
Bev Hurley CBE
CEO, YTKO Group
Innovation Advisory Board Member, University of East Anglia
Senior Growth Advisor, Growth Works
Relationship Manager, University of East Anglia
Growth Works supports businesses in Cambridgeshire & Peterborough to accelerate and sustain their growth through strategic growth support and consultancy, access to talent and apprenticeships, and providing critical revenue and capital investment.
Having helped nearly 22,000 businesses across multiple sectors in the UK to grow and scale, their Growth Coaching team will build a fully funded support programme tailored to the specific growth challenges you face.
This includes opening up grant funding to enable you to access external expertise or make critical capital purchases that will unlock your growth potential.
To find out more or to arrange your first 1-to-1 consultation, register your interest.
UEA is ranked in the top 25 universities in the UK and in the top 200 universities in the world. With a founding ethos of interdisciplinarity and a strong sense of community the University has established an international reputation. UEA’s research makes an economic and social impact way beyond the campus, with over 8o% of its research being assessed as world-leading or internationally excellent.
UEA has a track record of successful collaboration with large companies, start-ups and SMEs, and can facilitate access to a wide range of funding opportunities for businesses and other organisations.
Talk to us about your business needs and how we can help.
I was very pleased to have won the prestigious CW award for Outstanding Woman Engineer of the Year. Even more pleased to have received great support from colleagues and friends, and to see CW, a well-respected organisation, create a positive impact on Women in Engineering.
We are so proud of our recent award; it’s great recognition and we’re excited to work in some way with PwC and Cambridge Wireless.
We were delighted to win ‘Best Application of Edge Technology’ at CWIC last year. It is so great for a startup to get recognised, and we’re pleased that CW sees the exciting potential of edge computing – not only to keep data local and protect privacy, but also for speed.
CW Technology & Innovation Awards Prizes
All finalists will receive:
- 1 free ticket to CWIC 2021
- 20s placement in a promotional video for your Awards category that will be publicised across CW's channels and played at CWIC 2021. In 2020, CWIC saw over 400 delegates attend from 20 countries.
- Brand positioning on the CW website, in Awards emails, on CW social channels and in CWIC marketing collateral.
In addition to this the winners will receive:
- A CW Technology & Innovation Award trophy
- 2 tickets for CWIC 2021
- 2 passes for Cambridge Tech Week
- 2 tickets for CWIC 2022
- Free access to all CW SIG events for the next year - subject to availability
- Opportunity to speak at a relevant CW event within the next year
- Free sponsored content in CW Journal online editions