We are looking for a Contractor to join our team as an Embedded C Software Engineer to support the team in developing Wi-Fi for Samsung.
We are looking for a Contractor to join our team as an Embedded C Software Engineer to support the team in developing Wi-Fi for Samsung. This role will be deemed inside of IR35 legislation and we will require you to work via an umbrella company. It will be an initial six month contract with high probability for extension.
Your role will involve the entire software lifecycle; from requirements gathering, to system test and product support. You will be responsible for delivery, within restricted timeframes, of the fully tested module. The software is written in “C” and runs in a resource constrained, embedded, real time environment.
Creative thinking and innovation are encouraged whilst ensuring we have a perpetual focus on quality in everything we do and the ability to work under one’s own supervision is essential.
- Design and document individual modules
- Develop and test (unit, system and acceptance) firmware of major scale and complexity
- Maintenance of software including defect investigation
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Degree (or equivalent qualification/ experience) in maths/science/software/electronics
- Excellent proven understanding of ‘C’ programming language for resource constrained real-time environments where MIPS and memory have to be utilised carefully
- Experience of developing embedded protocol software ideally wireless communications
- Understanding of embedded debug techniques and tools especially using ARM processors/tools
- Effective team player and good communicator
- Excellent problem solving ability and tenacity in finding root cause for complex issues with focus on delivering results
- Excellent oral and written communications with attention to detail
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl or Python
- Experience of Wi-Fi wireless communication protocols
St Johns House, Cowley Road