We need an enthusiastic Customer Support Engineer to join our Radio team. The Radio team develops embedded software to optimise radio performance. We work as a bridge between our analogue and digital designers and also Wi-Fi Firmware developers.
At Samsung Cambridge, we create world-class Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chipsets. Our technology is in smartphones and many other devices.
We need an enthusiastic Customer Support Engineer to join our Radio team.
The Radio team develops embedded software to optimise radio performance. We work as a bridge between our analogue and digital designers and also Wi-Fi Firmware developers.
You'll need to have a background in Wi-Fi Radio and low level MAC. Your role will be to to provide technical support to customers.
Your role will be unique. You'll not only have a technical role but will also have customer facing elements. This is an exciting chance to work alongside leading experts in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You will have the chance to work with major global manufacturers who deploy this technology into large volume consumer products.
Your job involves involves time critical, front line, hands on customer support. You will be responsible for preliminary analysis and reproducing issues. You will need to work effectively with developers, support teams and the customer to resolve issues quickly.
Ideally, you are an experienced, self-motivated, engineer. You will have an understanding of the basic architecture, design and implementation of radio firmware features across chips. As well as, understanding the debug facilities, and use a good understanding of MAC protocol to perform more detailed analysis, to interpret the radio/low level aspects.
You will attend and manage meetings with field support teams and relevant developers. Expect some international travel as you'll need to visit customers on site throughout the world!
- Front line support to actively pursue issues reported by customers or test teams and triage information provided to gain clarity for deeper investigation
- Interacting proactively with customers, and test teams, who report issues to get enough details to define the problem and raising internal bugs for investigation
- Develop a good understanding of the internal debug tools and do preliminary analysis based on the information provided
- Analyse, investigate, and fix issues where possible
- Work closely with development teams and also other support teams to help us understand and investigate from wider perspective as applicable
- Develop customer relationships and understand customer needs
- Contribute towards the continuous development of processes
- Contribute actively in the improvement of retrieving low level debug information, analysing and presentation of data
- Contribute in writing technical investigation reports on specific issues
- Contribute to the writing of low level embedded code to exercise chip functionality
- Investigate real time radio issues and suggest performance improvements
- Constantly improve the debugging features and techniques
Skills and experience you'll need:
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths/science/software/electronics
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good understanding of C
- Good knowledge in Wi-Fi 802.11 protocols (MAC/PHY/Radio)
- Experience in using Wireshark sniffer tool and analysing sniffer logs
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Python to develop debug tools
- Ability to take ownership of problems, make fixes and drive investigations to conclusion
- Ability to make choices (technical and program related) without supervision
- Effective team player and good communicator
- Excellent problem solving ability and tenacity in finding root cause for complex issues with focus on delivering quick results
- Understanding of embedded debug techniques and tools
- Experience in customer support activities
Skills and knowledge that would be helpful:
- Good understanding of analogue/digital and RF designs
- Experience in using test equipment like litepoint/spectrum analysers for radio debug
- Competency in MATLAB and its use in a test environment
- Exposure to Git/Perforce or similar
- Exposure to Verilog and analog/digital simulations
- Exposure to Jenkins, ARM
- A keen interest in wireless technology and the operation of radio frequency hardware
Working with us
Joining our team, you'll receive a great benefits package.Benefits include:
- Annual bonus
- Continued training and development
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible benefits system
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell days
- Great discounts on Samsung products
- Free on-site gym and canteen
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage people to apply from all backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed.
Samsung Cambridge are following all government guidelines and many of our team still working from home. In the office we have many new safety precautions.
All of our interviews will be online. Your safety and our teams safety is our number one priority.
St Johns House