We are looking for an Electronics Engineer with a track record of coming up with commercially relevant new ideas to fill gaps in existing or new market sectors. Cambridge Consultants aim to be at the cutting edge of technology and innovation and it is people like this who help us maintain this position.
Our clients come to us for innovative thinking, speed and cutting edge technical capabilities. You could be working on our client projects, helping to solve their real problems with new ideas. However you don’t just have to be working on existing client projects – CC is a blank canvas for the right technical expert to find new clients, new markets and get new ideas to market.
This is an exciting senior technologist role within the ICE division at Cambridge Consultants. ICE generally work on Industrial, Consumer and Energy projects, but our projects tend to encompass even more market areas than that. When you first start at Cambridge Consultants you would gain some experience of what we do and how we work by getting involved in existing projects. However after that you could use your technical reputation to help create or contribute to your own flow of client funded project work to establish a successful role that works for you.
Ultimately once you have got comfortable with what we can do at Cambridge Consultants then we’d like you to start working with our Business Developers and the other senior Technologists to establish what new market areas CC could be offering our Electronics expertise in and where there is the potential to sell project work with a challenging Electronics element. This would require us to raise our public profile in this new market area and establish our credibility and you could be a big part of that process. Success will be obvious – technology demonstrations, IP, new clients, new projects, projects delivered to the client’s satisfaction and perhaps even a technology spinout company! At CC the team of seniors who help sell a project will continue leading the project team who deliver that project.
To help you get comfortable with what can be achieved at Cambridge Consultants we would like to get you involved at a senior level on medium to large projects that include an electronics challenge. For example, here are some things the division is working on or has worked on:
- Flow meter for the sub sea oil and gas industry: www.cambridgeconsultants.com/case-studies/pietro-fiorentini-subsea-sensor
- Power electronics for a client’s novel Lidar system (this one is still commercially confidential, so no press release link!)
- Electronics for a highly miniaturised consumer product (this one is also still commercially secret and we don’t even talk about it internally…. But it is very cool!)
- The Accesso smart wearable: www.cambridgeconsultants.com/case-studies/accesso-smart-wearable
All projects are lead by a Technical Authority working alongside a Project Manager. The PM would be responsible for the team, budgets and timescales whilst you as TA take responsibility for the electronics, the overall technical solution or both. We don’t expect our technologists to leave their hands on experience at home and know there is huge benefit from them engaging with the project team in front for the CAD screen or in the lab with the Oscilloscope to ensure projects run smoothly and the team are learning from your wealth of experience.
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong academic background
- Excellent Electronic Engineering experience
- Track record of innovation success
- Ability to communicate technical subjects to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Desire to raise the profile of Cambridge Consultants within Industry as the number one consultancy for Electronics innovation
- Interest in mentoring and developing junior engineers to enable successful delegation of technical project tasks
If you are not sure whether you are what we are looking for then why not send us your CV and if we like what we see, we will happily arrange meeting for a coffee and an informal chat or a chat on the phone!
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
- Competitive salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life, disability and travel insurance, plus private healthcare
- Free canteen - breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.