Intel wishes to engage with outstanding engineers who want to develop and promote FPGA-based solutions for customers in the Industrial and Automotive markets. You would work with a local team, industry experts and partner companies, using Agile project management to prioritize and deliver solutions, helping to shape the future of industrial technology.
Applications range from power conversion and electric motor or robotics control, through industrial networking with inline signal processing and security, to edge analytics such as predictive maintenance or machine learning. Functional Safety is a requirement for many customers in industrial and automotive markets so the team also drives certification of selected Intel design tools, devices and FPGA IP to industry standards and creates FMEDA tools to analyse safety related systems running on FPGAs.
FPGA algorithms may be developed in HDL (Verilog or SystemVerilog) or code generation tools such as MathWorks HDL Coder, Intel DSP Builder, OpenCL or OpenVINO for CNN-based algorithms. Systems including the FPGAs may require embedded software development in RTOS or Linux on soft processor, ARM or Intel CPU.
There are opportunities to travel to demonstrate solutions to customers at Intel sites and at key trade shows. The role would be based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, close to the M40 motorway between London and Oxford.
Intel employs over 100,000 people. Intel products support the world’s data-centric infrastructure including industrial, communications and networking technology as well as high performance and personal computers. Since the acquisition of Altera in 2015, FPGAs are a key technology for Intel. Intel offers a competitive salary and bonus package based a candidate’s skills and experience.
- Identify and promote the benefits of FPGA-based solutions
- Develop embedded system example designs and Functional Safety products
- Showcase Intel’s latest devices and programming tools
- Provide input to Intel's future architectures and products
- Represent Intel at customers and trade shows
Typically required :
- A customer-focused approach to engineering and documentation
- MEng in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with excellent results
- A strong desire to program and promote FPGAs, solving problems along the way
- Understanding of embedded systems using CPUs, FPGAs and other hardware
- FPGA hardware design skills (Verilog/VHDL and system building with IP)
- Comfortable with embedded software design and Linux
- High level analysis skills using MATLAB or similar
- Keen to support customers with Functional Safety requirements
- Occasional Business travel
- Knowledge of DSP, control systems and machine learning
** Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for the FPGA Engineering positions which is frequently available at Intel. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you would be interested in this position should it become available, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.