Filtronic is looking for an Engineering Technician to join our team to work on a range of exciting products.
Our products range from low volume niche opportunity devices to high volume telecommunication, Public Safety and defence equipment.
There is an opportunity to join a dynamic growing team focused on developing a wide range of products.
Purpose of Role:
Assembly and test of prototype and small production runs of Filters and RF subsystems.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Surface mount PCB assembly.
- Mechanical assembly of Filters and RF subsystems.
- Alignment and test of Filters and RF subsystems, as instructed by engineering.
- Document build and test work that is being performed.
- Qualification of units versus documented test plans.
- Any other reasonable activities involved with the business, as instructed.
- Knowledge and practical experience of manual surface mount PCB assembly.
- RF/microwave mechanical assembly experience would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated and able to carry out tasks with a reasonable degree of independence.
- Some RF knowledge and familiarity with test equipment would be an advantage.
- Willingness to learn and perform previously unfamiliar tasks related to test and alignment.
- Willing to travel occasionally (domestic and international travel).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to pass UK clearance to SC level.
3 Airport West, Yeadon, Leeds, LS19 7ZA