SHARE OUR PASSION FOR TECH AND MAKE AN IMPACT
Looking for a fulfilling tech career? Think Coderus. Part of the Innovation Martlesham high-tech cluster of companies, we offer a startup culture in which to really grow your career. As part of an enthusiastic team, you’ll be directly involved in the development of commercial software products for our clients, including a high-end international media company, and also our own innovative projects.
We’re looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design, develop and install software solutions. Ideally, the candidate should be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. Software engineers must be skilled in development, writing code, and documenting functionality.
- Executing full life-cycle software development
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Producing specifications and determining operational feasibility
- Integrating software components into fully functional software systems
- Developing software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Documenting and maintaining software functionality
- Tailoring and deploying software tools, processes and metrics
- Serving as a subject matter expert
- Complying with project plans and industry standards
- Proven work experience in as a computer software engineer or software developer
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in C, C++, C#, Java or other selected languages
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Mastery in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Good rate of pay. Developers have a higher starting wage bracket all around the world.
- The skills are transferable. The skills you acquire will never be out of use.
- Work anywhere. As a developer you aren’t limited to a particular region or country as 1’s and 0’s are understood everywhere.
- Comfortable Working Environment. Wherever you go, you’ll have an air conditioned office, fast internet and a powerful laptop.
- Constant learning curve. You will only get better with passing time as you will be in sync with the technological changes.
- You can be as creative as you want. Each day you create something from nothing. The only thing that limits you will be your imagination.
- Maternity/paternity leave. Pursue career goals while growing your family.
- Professional development. Get opportunities for professional development, to master new skills and to grow into other roles.
Coderus is located within the Adastral Park campus, home to over 100 high-tech companies. Based east of Ipswich, Adastral Park offers excellent facilities (shops, a restaurant/deli, free car parking, gym on site, and various recreational facilities) and a green open environment in which to relax during lunch and break time. To learn more, visit the Innovation Martlesham website.
There are good road connections and regular buses between the campus and Ipswich and Woodbridge. There is also a regular shuttle bus between the campus and Ipswich railway station for staff and visitor use.
Both Ipswich and Woodbridge offer excellent and convenient facilities and are situated just a short distance away. Ipswich Waterfront, which is only a short distance away from Adastral Park, provides a wide variety of accommodation and entertainment. London is also within easy reach, with regular, direct connections to Liverpool Street station just over an hour away.
Remuneration, hours and benefits
The working week is 40 hours (Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm) with an attractive and negotiable starting salary, plus benefits depending on skills and ability is available.
Benefits include a wide variety of sport facilities, free gym membership, haircuts, daily fruit, both hot and cold drinks, and many more. We also pay for our employees to attend seminars and workshops, to further their professional development.
The team holds monthly pizza and gaming nights, and everyone is invited to other social events e.g. bowling and go-karting.
Annual leave allowance is 28 days per annum including the bank holidays. An extra day’s holiday is given for each year of service up to a maximum of 5 years.