Are you a digital design engineer with experience leading mixed signal SoC designs from architecture through to tapeout? Do you want to play a key role in building next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable IoT? Keen to make a real difference in a VC-backed high growth company while working in a dynamic & fun environment? Then join Morse Micro, Australia’s largest fabless semiconductor company! We opened our Cambridge office in January 2022 and are looking for the brightest of the brightest to join us in the The Bradfield Centre in the Cambridge Science Park.
Your role will be within the digital team as a senior member of the design and development team, responsibilities range from designing and delivering major subsystems to entire digital macros for tapeout.
Applicants will need to be experienced with digital design for mass-produced mixed-signal SoCs, with an emphasis on low-power architecture and implementations. You will be responsible for complete digital design projects for our products. You will work in cross-discipline teams to define architecture and build and drive the digital and PnR teams to deliver on-time, best-in-class designs.
Other responsibilities will include working with the digital and analog teams on top-level infrastructure such as clocking, power control and host-interfaces. You will also be involved in bring-up of silicon in the lab and preparation and optimization of the chip for production.
- Leading wireless mixed-signal SoC chips or digital designs from inception through to tapeout
- Managing and ensuring feature and performance requirements are met
- Ensuring the digital designs being taped out are sufficiently verified
- Ensuring product mass-manufacturability via common DFT methodologies
- Interacting with the frontend, analog and backend team to get the design through to tapeout whilst meeting performance and power metrics
- Assisting with bring-up of silicon in the lab
- Providing overall technical expertise and brilliance
What we’re looking for:
- MSc in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering or Computer Science
- Digital design experience with 10+ years relevant industry experience
- A deep understanding of digital design fundamentals including low power and multi-clock-domain design for mass-produced, mixed-signal chips
- Experience architecting and/or implementing digital designs for wireless, mixed signal SoCs
- Experience managing or working with digital frontend and backend teams throughout the development cycle from RTL through to GDS and sign-off for tapeout
- Experience with digital synthesis tools targeting low power, mixed-signal applications on modern technology nodes
- Experience analyzing and optimizing a design’s timing and power characteristics through feedback from synthesis and P&R iterations
- Experience overseeing the implementation of DFT infrastructure such as logic scan, boundary scan and MBIST
- Experience with development and debugging of digital designs from RTL design through to SDF-annotated gatesims
- A good understanding of embedded processor systems, familiarity with RISC-V is a plus
- A solid understanding of mixed signal ASIC design and simulation, experience with AMS simulation is a plus
- Hands-on experience with the Cadence or Synopsys simulation suite
- Hands-on experience with Linux development environment staples such as make, shell scripts and Python
- Experience using the git revision control tool
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to document - and keep updated - instructions on running and debugging flows
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A determination to deliver even when subject to time pressures
- A hands-on, practical attitude
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Ability to work alongside some of the world's best engineers in a fast-paced environment and make a real impact
- Work trips to HQ in Australia!
Who we are:
Morse Micro is a fabless semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to innovate and invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China).