Filtronic is looking for a Process Engineer to join our growing production team and enhance manufacturing capability at our world class manufacturing facility in the UK. Products range from low volume niche opportunity devices to high volume telecommunications and defence equipment.
Purpose of Role
To develop new and refine existing processes to facilitate the development of new microwave and mmWave electronic products.
You will support the wider engineering team by building prototype hardware, developing new processes and providing technical recommendations during new product design.
You will support production by programming, maintaining and optimising precision high volume assembly equipment, providing training to production operators and improving processes to increase production efficiency and yield.
The role will cover all aspects of electronics product assembly with a focus on precision high volume automated die attach and wire bonding assembly equipment (hybrid assemblies).
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of all equipment and processes within the manufacturing area.
- Provide high-level technical support to improve and maintain manufacturing yields for existing products.
- Develop new process and/or improve existing process as required to manufacture capability for new products, designing and procuring tooling, jigs and fixtures as required.
- Produce documentation in a timely manner and to the agreed standard for all levels of processes involved in the production of modules and assemblies.
- Establish and monitor process controls to improve production efficiency and maintain product quality.
- Liaise with equipment suppliers regarding machinery issues and set-up new equipment, applications and processes.
- To ensure that all processes concerned with product manufacture conform to MIL-STD-883/ISO 9001 Standards.
- Relevant engineering degree (or equivalent).
- Experience within electronics manufacturing environment, preferably as a Process Engineer within RF electronic. production/CEM manufacturing organisation.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of die attach, wire bonding and SMT build processes to industry standards MIL-STD-883 and IPC 600, 610 and 7711.
- Demonstrable experience of process improvement and application of Lean manufacturing principles.
Thomas Wright Way, Sedgefield, TS21 3FD