Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
- The Cloud Developer is responsible for creating prototypes, designing and building modules and solutions for Cloud Platforms in an iterative agile cycles, develop, maintain, and optimize the business outcome
- This role is responsible for estimating user and technical stories, designing and developing code, writing and executing unit and integration tests, and supporting testing of deliverables against user and technical story acceptance tests
- This role is responsible for performing peer reviews, collaborating with architects and other developers to produce “just enough” design, and ensuring that enough technical documentation and training is provided for reference and operational support
- This role is responsible for providing software-related operations support, including managing level two and level three incident and problem management
- Estimate user and technical stories to help inform and prioritize backlog
- Design modules according to user stories, UX/UI designs, and technical stories
- Develop solutions according to module designs and deploy using delivery pipeline
- Develop and execute unit and integration tests; support testing against user and technical story acceptance tests
- Suggest improvements to user stories and UX/UI
- Manage technical debt as part of daily activities
- Conduct peer reviews and maintain coding standards
- Manage incidents as level two and level three support
- Agile and lean programming and development of software systems in Web-scale environments
- AWS Lambda (Python and Node.js, Bash)
- AWS EC2 Systems Manager (Automation Documents)
- Backlog item estimation
- Unit, integration, smoke and static code analysis testing
- Cloud Architectural element testing e.g. APIs
- Cloud Automated testing and tools
- Code reviewing
- Software incident and problem management
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.