We are looking for an experienced Embedded Firmware Engineer with core RF and Digital Communications systems background to join our Wi-Fi Radio Firmware team working on SCSC’s connectivity chips.
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Firmware Engineer with core RF and Digital Communications systems background to join our Wi-Fi Radio Firmware team working on SCSC’s connectivity chips. The role is to act as a technical contributor in our enthusiastic team taking on exciting opportunities in design and development, radio bring up, debugging of complex low level embedded/radio issues and RF optimisation to meet customer targets.
This is a fixed term contract of up to 3 years.
The role will require the ability to design and develop low level radio firmware to produce efficient, effective working of the radio in a real time environment. It may require viewing analogue/digital circuit designs and understanding the functionality of circuit blocks. A keen interest in wireless technology and the operation of radio frequency hardware is essential. This role also expects an enthusiastic Engineer who can enjoy developing complex algorithms in C and debugging challenging issues between software and hardware.
- Design, develop, test and maintain radio firmware code across variety of chips
- Understand and improve radio calibrations
- Contribute to the improvement of retrieving, analysing and presenting low level debug data
- Contribute to the writing of low level embedded code to exercise chip functionality
- Perform requirements capture, task definition and estimation
- Develop and test software to agreed timescales
- Create relevant documentation following the team’s processes
- Contribute towards the continuous development of the team’s processes and deliverables
- Contribute actively in code reviews
- Contribute towards improving the test system and coverage
- Investigate real time radio issues and suggest performance improvements
- Develop unit/system tests to exercise solutions being implemented
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience and strong skills in understanding analogue/digital and RF designs
- Competent in C programming, particularly within a constrained embedded environment
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in Software / Electronics / Science / Maths
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to “own” problems, make fixes and drive investigations to conclusion
- Competent in MATLAB and/or Python, especially within a test environment
- Experience in Wi-Fi 802.11 protocols or similar protocols
- Familiarity with wireless radio technologies and the use of radio test equipment (spectrum analyser, Litepoint etc.) for debugging and testing
- Exposure to revision control systems (Git/Perforce)
- Exposure to Jenkins, Wireshark, ARM
Joining our team, you'll receive a great benefits package.
- Annual bonus
- Continued training and development
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible benefits system
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell days
- Great discounts on Samsung products
- Free on-site gym and canteen
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage people to apply from all backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed.
St Johns House, Cowley Road